TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....
6,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well boys and girls............we had another successful NVTTORA Easter Mojave Road Trip!! Our 10th in a row!!!
We had a pretty slow start, as apparently, we all had limited time to get ready, and were working on little or no sleep! Then, at the 30 minute late time, we had to make a stop before we got on the road for someone.
Got down to Fort Mojave, met up with Steve, Ed & Kimmy, and Todd and Jeremy. A little refueling, ice, rearrangement of cargo and wood and such, we were finally on our way.......to the trail head!
Ran in to a few go fast guys Friday morning, towards the beginning of the trail, and oddly enough, again Saturday morning.....and for some really unknown reason.....they were all were like wearing dress shirts, and slacks.....weird ass shit!!! I didn't know any of these guys though, as usually the SoCal TTOPRA/Tacoma World guys are out and we usually bump into them!

Even though we were on running late, I did make sure to make it over to the Petroglyphs, and even got to my preferred and best spot to camp in the entire park in Caruthers Canyon before anyone else snatched it up......AND....While it was still light outside!!! yeah baby!!! :D :clap::clap:

Everyone got the tents and or trucks with Condo's set up...........and the cooking fest started!! As usual, enough food for another 20 people.....but everyone had a Lot to eat!!!

It was a little cold, mid to high 40's (at one point) and everyone was sooo damn tired......not a lot of drunkenness going around......everyone, eventually got to bed and what not. Too bad I was soooo tired, as I really wanted to see and photograph the Lunar Eclipse......but that didn't start until 3:15 am, and although I tried to set an alarm to get up, it didn't happen.....oh well!

Saturday morning was beautiful when everyone eventually woke up, think people started moving around a bit after 8:00-8:30 am. And.....back to cooking!!! Big breakfast, at one of the most beautiful camp spots anywhere!! Took a while for me and everyone to get going and pack up, and yes.....I was the last one ready.....but we got back on the road, and started showing everyone some more of my beautiful Mojave!!

When we rejoined the Mojave Road, is where we bumped into the Go Fast guys all dressed up that we saw Friday morning!
Off to Camp Rock Springs, rock cabin, Government Holes.......then onward!!
I took the side road through the Amazing Joshua Tree forest, to our lunch stop with a view....and then over to Death Valley Mine for a bit of exploring!!\

Then we got up the hill and got to Sunset Rock and the Mojave Cross. As I was radioing everyone the events of the last 20 years regarding the Cross as well as the efforts to keep it up, and of the rancher who ultimately swapped out 5 acres of His personal land for that 1 acre rock, the Man and his wife themselves were there to greet us!!!
Henry Sandoz (The Rancher) and his wife talked to everyone that wanted to be talked to, sharing the same story I had just shared with everyone....so that was really cool! They invited us to stay there, and join them for their Easter service, I thanked them and we moved on up to Evening Star Mine for our Saturday night camp site.....and of course, as always on that side of the park, an amazing Sunset was there for our enjoinment!!

·
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....
6,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sunday.................

·
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....
6,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A little more...... I vow to actually get these pictures uploaded this time, in less than a year!!! Just need a better picture sharing site, I'm Not using google again, as I think it's shlt! Any suggestions on a site that's going to be around for a long time and that the IT Nazis don't ban from our work computers would be nice. :D

·
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....
6,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
one of these years I will have another rig so I can go on these trips.

I can always help you buy another truck, so you can go again!!! :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
2 Participants
my034runner
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing