TTORA Forum banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
The List!!!

1: Robert and dogs.......
2: Rich and Tammi
3: A.J. and Clara (t-rex grrr)(Toyota120)
4: Adam +1 (bagelsjustbagels toyota120)
5: Chris (with above) - Powerwagon
6: Brandon (with Adam)- Duramax
7:
8:
10:

·
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....
6,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Chris here with the PowerWagon. Just checking in and letting you know my buddy Frank will be coming along with me for the trip

Right on Chris......thanks for posting up!! Is Frank riding with you, or in his own truck? :driving:

·
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....
6,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
He'll be riding with me

Sounds good. Please read the first post for more info. Also, yesterday.....I pm's Adam all of the answers to his questions he had about the trip.......he hasn't replied back yet to let me know he got the info....

·
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....
6,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Oh sorry about that. But he did received it and updated us all with your response to the question.

Have you all been on many Expedition style off road trips before? It's a cool adventure.......a little more work than just setting up a camp spot for the weekend and such, but you get to see so much more and everyday is an adventure!! :grin2:

·
Registered
4 Posts
No this is our first expedition style trip. We wanted to do expedition style trips in the past but just never had the time. But we do plan on doing a lot more expedition style trips in the future.

·
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....
6,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
No this is our first expedition style trip. We wanted to do expedition style trips in the past but just never had the time. But we do plan on doing a lot more expedition style trips in the future.

Well cool......true newbies!! No worries, we've been doing this for a Long Long time!!! Just absolutely come prepared, and you'll be doing fine!! As I told Adam, at Least 3 extra gas cans (bring them empty and fill them up when we go over to Fort Mohave to refuel before leaving, Lots and lots of water!! You've got a truck, so you'll have a lot of room for stuff like extra water, Fire Wood, Big ice chests and what not!!
Also, make sure you all get your portable toilet systems all ready to go too!! And of course, Big trash bags, paper plates, utensils, extra parts and fluids never hurts, as well as tools.....etc.....

Here is the basic set up, PETT Environmental Portable Toilet
Then you would order another box of wag bags, and perhaps the Privy tent (you can get the PETT tent, or there's many less expensive privy tents available. Also, other places for the PETT toilet also. But $69.00 is a pretty good price for that, but they only give you three (3) Wag Bags, so you definitely want to order, at least an extra box of 12-50 or 100 (the bigger quantities are good to have on hand and cost less per bag) I just found a guy on Ebay who had the Best deals on the wag bags, and are waiting for a lot of 23 of them to get here.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well cool......true newbies!! No worries, we've been doing this for a Long Long time!!! Just absolutely come prepared, and you'll be doing fine!! As I told Adam, at Least 3 extra gas cans (bring them empty and fill them up when we go over to Fort Mohave to refuel before leaving, Lots and lots of water!! You've got a truck, so you'll have a lot of room for stuff like extra water, Fire Wood, Big ice chests and what not!!
Also, make sure you all get your portable toilet systems all ready to go too!! And of course, Big trash bags, paper plates, utensils, extra parts and fluids never hurts, as well as tools.....etc.....

Here is the basic set up, PETT Environmental Portable Toilet
Then you would order another box of wag bags, and perhaps the Privy tent (you can get the PETT tent, or there's many less expensive privy tents available. Also, other places for the PETT toilet also. But $69.00 is a pretty good price for that, but they only give you three (3) Wag Bags, so you definitely want to order, at least an extra box of 12-50 or 100 (the bigger quantities are good to have on hand and cost less per bag) I just found a guy on Ebay who had the Best deals on the wag bags, and are waiting for a lot of 23 of them to get here.
Our plan is to definitely over prepare. we've done some mini trips but nothing to this extent. 80 miles is our previous max miles off road and away. So this will be an awesome step up.

We ordered CB's and fuel cans are all worked out. luckily recovery gear and Tire plug kits etc we already had on hand. Fluids are indeed a must. :smile2:
-Adam

·
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....
6,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Our plan is to definitely over prepare. we've done some mini trips but nothing to this extent. 80 miles is our previous max miles off road and away. So this will be an awesome step up.

We ordered CB's and fuel cans are all worked out. luckily recovery gear and Tire plug kits etc we already had on hand. Fluids are indeed a must. :smile2:
-Adam

Sounds good! Did everyone get their toilet systems ready to go?
Once you buy one, you'll always have it!! Again, most also get the privy tent as well......

·
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....
6,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I'm waiting patiently to see who else is going to sign up.........if it stays right here, then no need for me to pay for the damn NPS Permit!!! So, whomever else is on the fence........please make up your mind(s) and let me know like, Real soon.....if you're committed to going or not, as the permitting process is a pain in the ass and antiquated the way they do it!! :)

Thanks for understanding!!! :smile2:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sounds good! Did everyone get their toilet systems ready to go?
Once you buy one, you'll always have it!! Again, most also get the privy tent as well......
I'm waiting patiently to see who else is going to sign up.........if it stays right here, then no need for me to pay for the damn NPS Permit!!! So, whomever else is on the fence........please make up your mind(s) and let me know like, Real soon.....if you're committed to going or not, as the permitting process is a pain in the ass and antiquated the way they do it!! :)

Thanks for understanding!!! :smile2:
Hah yea got that figured out. also got someone sleeping in my awning room, so thats a privy room until you put the floor on it. lol

I've got another friend who is interested. Does that affect your permit if he comes in the same vehicle with me? Luckily another guy already have a 3 man tent so I dont have to worry about carrying his crap!

:thumbs:

·
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....
6,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Hah yea got that figured out. also got someone sleeping in my awning room, so thats a privy room until you put the floor on it. lol

I've got another friend who is interested. Does that affect your permit if he comes in the same vehicle with me? Luckily another guy already have a 3 man tent so I dont have to worry about carrying his crap!

:thumbs:
I can have up to seven (7) trucks and/or 15 people without a NPS permit. 8 trucks and/or more than 15 people, I need to get one.

·
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....
6,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
New Updated List!!

The List!!!

4: Adam +1 (bagelsjustbagels (toyota120)
7: Robert & Marie (Illusivema70)(Toy120&nvttora
8:
10:

·
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....
6,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I'll make the cutoff by Saturday........So, anyone wanting to join us after that time, well.......won't really be able to, unless I'm over 8 trucks. 8 or more, come on and lets go!!

·
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....
6,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Okay, boys and girls......We're at Eight (8)!! So, no cut off now.......we'll........I'll cap it of at 12 trucks!! So, Time to call the government!! >:)

New Updated List!!

The List!!!

8: Ryan f-250
9: Mikey (Toy120)
10:
11:
12:

·
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....
6,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Okay, NPS Special Use Permit has been filled out and sent in with CC#!! Now, I hope she gets it done and processed Quick like!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
New Updated List!!

The List!!!

10:
11:
12:
Okay, NPS Special Use Permit has been filled out and sent in with CC#!! Now, I hope she gets it done and processed Quick like!!
Awesome! Now lets start the Meal planning thread? :) :xbeer1::xbeer3::xpopcorn:

Also- I'll have two leeches in my car with me. So list is updated accordingly.

4: Adam +2 (bagelsjustbagels) (toyota120)
10:
11:
12:

·
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....
6,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Awesome! Now lets start the Meal planning thread? :) :xbeer1::xbeer3::xpopcorn:

Also- I'll have two leeches in my car with me. So list is updated accordingly.

4: Adam +2 (bagelsjustbagels) (toyota120)
10:
11:
12:

You'll have two leeches in your car?!?!?! Damn dude!! You May want to see a Doctor about that!!! It sounds serious!!! :rofl::rofl:

21 - 40 of 49 Posts
About this Discussion
48 Replies
7 Participants
my034runner
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing