TTORA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was talking to a guy at my church yesterday and he paid $12,000 for his!!! He actually only paid 8000, but he got warrenties and such. I'm still shocked! The >2002< Tacoma I want is $10,000! He got no add ons. 4door, 2wd, single disc cd player, manual seats, fabric and NOT leather seats, 4.7 litre instead of the 5.8! Still. He's gonna get the bed sprayed next week and then he's gonna get side steps.
He said he got it that cheap by wheelin and dealin! I wish I was that good at it. Only took him about 30 mins to get them that low in price. He's making $300 a month payments and next month he's gonna start making double payments to pay it off faster. That is crazy. He's a mechanic so I guess he knew what he was talking about when he went in there!

·
Registered
682 Posts
Not be an ass, but I really have a hard time believing that. MSRP starts @ 22K and the lowest sticker I've seen was 19K. So he basically took almost half off of the price. Sure that wasn't the price after trade-in?

I'm sorry but until I see the paper work, the only way you'll get out of a dealership in 30min for that price is by holding a gun to someone's head.

·
Cracker
5,648 Posts
I was talking to a guy at my church yesterday and he paid $12,000 for his!!! He actually only paid 8000, but he got warrenties and such. I'm still shocked! The >2002< Tacoma I want is $10,000! He got no add ons. 4door, 2wd, single disc cd player, manual seats, fabric and NOT leather seats, 4.7 litre instead of the 5.8! Still. He's gonna get the bed sprayed next week and then he's gonna get side steps.
He said he got it that cheap by wheelin and dealin! I wish I was that good at it. Only took him about 30 mins to get them that low in price. He's making $300 a month payments and next month he's gonna start making double payments to pay it off faster. That is crazy. He's a mechanic so I guess he knew what he was talking about when he went in there!
You really are a complete idiot.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I'm calling Horse Pussy on this!!!

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Maybe that is what he financed. I had a friends girlfriend clam she only paid 18K for a New Chevy truck She put down 5K as a down payment and financed 18K. But she was going around telling everyone that she only paid 18K I tried to explain to her that 18K plus the 5K down payment was 23K total. But she just did not get it and continued to tell people that she paid 18. Yes she was a blond.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Rockstar4Christ,
If you believe that . . . I've got some oceanfront property to sell, here in Arizona.

·
Registered
808 Posts

(borrowed from the "I have Rolled" thread)
Base 6 cyl 2 door starts at 22k msrp...sorry, tell your church friend to stop smokin' and that he's going to hell for lying to you.

·
Registered
532 Posts

(borrowed from the "I have Rolled" thread)
Base 6 cyl 2 door starts at 22k msrp...sorry, tell your church friend to stop smokin' and that he's going to hell for lying to you.
x2. you will believe anything wont you? i have this baby here that looks just like you, wheres my child support rockstarchrist?! :mad:

·
Registered
925 Posts
maybe he got it for $8000 euros?

·
Registered
394 Posts
Yeah I call bs on the price as well.

·
Registered
925 Posts
i don't what you guys are talking about, i just bought an '07 tundra dcab for $7500!!!!! but i only got the v6. ;)

·
Registered
682 Posts
... and he paid $12,000 for his!!! He actually only paid 8000, but he got warrenties and such. I'm still shocked!
I ain't exactly Phi Beta Kappa material, but let's do some 'rithmetic...

12,000-8,000=What the fuck did the 4,000 go to? A warranty? What else did he get that would add up in an extra 4,000? Not like this deal EVER took place, but that alone should have been one of many, many clues that you should have picked up on.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts