TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This trip had the best carnage to miles traveled ratio ever. I think we made it 4 1/2 miles from the Cheveron before we had a blown out Ring and Pinion and one flat tire.

All I can say is that I am looking forward to going back, I hope we have better luck as a group next time. I'm glad I brought my tools and was able to help. I will let Dennis and Robert tell the tales for everyone else.

·
2,251 Posts
Oh I bet this is gonna be good. :D

·
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....
6,442 Posts
Dennis pulled a Robert, except nothing even remotely as hard. He blew out his third on a fairly easy and short hill climb. He just had the bad luck today. Or trip had just barley started. We had so much more to see and do. Then on the way out, I was screwing around and somehow popped a bead.
Anyway, everyone is home safe and sound. It was a beautiful day out there, so at least we had that going for us. It was still better than sitting inside all day.

I'll post up what pictures we did get (Dennis' son Derrek took a lot w/ mt camera's!) here in a little while.
Thanks once again for Kurt's expert help all around!! :thumbs: :clap:

·
2,251 Posts
Glad to hear nobody was hurt. That sucks to hear about Dennis's truck. I thought for sure it was gonna be Robert again when Kurt 1st posted it up. Hopefully it can be fixed easily and not be a lot of down time.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I did not get to many pics, hopefully someone got some shots of the metal we fished out of the pumpkin.

*cough* *cough* 3rd gen rear arm bushings at work. :welder:

·
Registered
264 Posts
Great Pics sorry I missed it. I was wheelin around Pahrump. Doing some scouting for a few nice day runs.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Nice pics. Those red rocks look like serious fun.

I definitely need to get my ass out to Vegas sometime to go wheel with you guys. However you Vegas guys really get me worried, is it something in the water that causes carnage :confused:

·
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....
6,442 Posts
bulldog said:
Nice pics. Those red rocks look like serious fun.

I definitely need to get my ass out to Vegas sometime to go wheel with you guys. However you Vegas guys really get me worried, is it something in the water that causes carnage :confused:

:rofl: :rofl: :saw: :saw: :welder: :welder: :rofl: :rofl: :neener:
Why don't you bring your arse out here some time Andries??

We'll try not to break anything!!

Oh yeah, Here's the pictures from my Nikon.....

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Let me guess...Dennis, correct me if I'm wrong...Started to slip, got on the gas, truck started to bounce, got traction, and POW. I believe that is what happened to Robert as-well..If this is what happened, I guess a gear ratio is going to happen. If you need someone to set up the gears, let me know. My buddy can do it for a good price. (If Robert doesn't squeeze it in on warranty.. :) Jeff

·
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....
6,442 Posts
jdblatt said:
Let me guess...Dennis, correct me if I'm wrong...Started to slip, got on the gas, truck started to bounce, got traction, and POW. I believe that is what happened to Robert as-well..If this is what happened, I guess a gear ratio is going to happen. If you need someone to set up the gears, let me know. My buddy can do it for a good price. (If Robert doesn't squeeze it in on warranty.. :) Jeff

It's already fixed. And you're right, a little too much skinny pedal on a line that I wouldn't have taken. He slipped into a crack, and powered up, rather than take a different line. But the hill was actually a really easy short climb on red rock. Shouldn't have been a loss of traction. Even Jason made it up. It's just freakish bad luck, and it could have been an ongoing issue to contribute, who knows.

Anyway, we need to go back out there soon, and spend a little more time on the trail instead of broken. :D

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Every video, every person, every experience I've seen. that is the most common way to brake a R&P. Dennis, Drive the gears 500 miles, before you wheel them hard. Give them a chance to "brake in"...Glad to hear you got it fixed allready

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
A little skinny pedal was involved but is was nothing like Roberts trip up the waterfall. I was really surprised it snapped so easily.

·
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....
6,442 Posts
The praise go's to Brett (Damaged110), for he is the man that made it happen (as in fixing it). :clap: :thumbs: I just got him (Dennis) in the door.

And yeah, that hill was a pus*y hill compared to the waterfall (Ring & Pinon Falls) that Mark and I went up. :D

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Damn.. Thats some shit right there! There is a whole thread about the new tacos loosing the rear R&P. It could be that there is just too much for that axle with the newer tacos. The real trick is to air waaaaaay down and drive slowly... this will minimize impact on those parts. Ive heard that marlin is going to have tcase gears which might be an option to lower the crawl speed on the newer tacos/fjc. That and maybe some lower geared R&P and it might be easier to go slower. I love logandale!! its like a big rock playground:)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts