TTORA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a noob...so what. Here's what's been going on today...

First off: My tire rubbing issues are now pretty much solved. I could probably use a good dead blow hammer and make it perfect, but I can now turn rack to rack without anything rubbing. I trimmed the plastic fender wells, fenders themselves and hammered the heck out of the pinch weld area to give some more room. It worked, I'm psyched. I did a few three point turns to check it out and it's silent.

I have decided to hold off on the HI Lift mounting for today because I have an issue, a plastic bedliner and I don't know where I should drill or whatever...so I need some more research. Maybe at our next wrench-a-thon I could get everyone's input, ideas and help ..

I did mount a fire extinguisher and mounting bracket behind the drivers seat below the seat belt mechanism, it's in a perfect spot when I hop out, I can reach behind the seat without moving it and get it .....just one of those probably will never use it but it might come in handy some day things. It doesn't get in the way either of people sitting in the back.

The Motorolla FRS dual radio charger is mounted in between the fold down rear seats and the power inverter is mounted on the rear passenger side in between the back wall and that storage cup thing.

I can charge my handheld radios/walkie talkie's, my cell phone, a microwave, a coffe maker...well you get the idea ....And I know ...I know....it's not for offroading but for tailgate parties and camping and stuff....

I also can now run my laptop in my truck. For those long trips ....it's like having a 15" Movie screen....I even have a remote so my girlfriend can sit back with the seat back reclined and just "skip" to scenes and stuff. I'm going to try and fabricate some kind of sliding shelf or something for it that comes out of the glove box ...I think it will be cool ...even though i'll probably take shit for it.

However, for my normal everyday needs I have a Palm Pilot that I'm mounting up front on the passenger side. It's gonna be sick ....I can watch movies on it, upload music, recieve email, access these forums etc ....all that and it's going to be completely removable from the truck. I need some additional settings ...well....set-up...but that's coming. The screen is only about a 3 inch square ...but it's cool. I'd go into all the features but http://www.palm.com/us/ will give you the idea. I had this thing laying around and never used it ...it wasn't an xmas present.

I also now have a pretty hefty tow strap ....that and the HI Lift should come in handy.

Christmas came a little early for me this year, because my GF is going back East for xmas and has to work late for the next two days ...so last night we exchanged alot of our gifts.

She's wearing some of hers ...LOL. :kewl: and i'm installing some of mine ...Happy Holidays guys ...

·
Registered
425 Posts
Sounds like youv'e had a busy day. Congrats on fixing the rubbing problem. I was mentioning to Nichole that your truck looked sweet as it was and to eliminate the rubbing just do a small 1" body lift.
I'd like to see how you have your fire-extinguisher mounted. Mine is just thrown in the tool box with all the other junk. I've wanted to mount it inside the cab but with kids that go in and out of the back, I couldn't figure out how to get it in there securely and not be in thier way.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Obviously it doesn't look centered, but that's because I wanted it far enough back because i'm 6'2" and I ride with my seat way back sometimes on long trips. I also wanted it to be out of the way when entering or exiting the cab from the drivers side.

I also wasn't exactly holding the camera steady either ..LOL :D

I've also been trying to get this palm pilot hooked up today but I dont have the original installation software so it's been a nightmare all day sync'ing it up to all of the programs I want to use....still waiting for a support email back from Palm.

·
Registered
13,296 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
These two links have got me inspired to do some "expedition" + camping type things to the inside of my truck. I want to be fully self sufficient, even though you should always wheel with a buddy, I'd like to feel like I can get along without help...

Here's the links...I know you guys have probably already been on these sights ...but I think his dual battery set-up is sick ....and on Baja Taco make sure to link through to his friends sites ...some neat stuff there too.

www.bajataco.com
www.expeditionswest.com

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
im gonna install a monitor somewhere in my truck, and run the new mini ps2 in my center console with wireless controllers, so for those long trips to cali. then i wanna do my stereo.

I got all my gear in a toolbox, so i just roll my atv up and go! But i do like the microwave idea.... maybe a little fridge in the toolbox as well :welder:

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
im gonna install a monitor somewhere in my truck, and run the new mini ps2 in my center console with wireless controllers, so for those long trips to cali. then i wanna do my stereo.
Yeah I've got wireless controllers for my ps2 but the recieving unit that plugs into the controller jack sticks out really far from the console....let me know how you set yours up....i'm interested.

I also have an xbox...maybe I'll work with that too...Hmmmm...this is gonna be something more for www.customtacos.com if we dont be careful ...:rofl:

Dude, I was thinking about installing a wine fridge ...LOL.....or something to make people say WTF?!?!?

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
uh it already is...... even with dual batteries you can run this stuff off an inverter for not that long..... do your watts law conversion and you figure out that your appliance that takes 1500watts at 110v or roughly 15 amps is close to 150 amps on an inverter.... that is your battery in about uh 1 hour. if youre buried in snow then you could try to start your truck but odds are that you will actually recycle the CO and kill yourself... so instead of spending money on this you could spend it on useful stuff. like a HAM radio license

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
yeah, im gonna cut out the bottom of my console, and set it up, and if that doesnt work, ill custom fab some brackets for under the cd player or the glove box! i just have to fix my truck before i can do it. how hard is a dual battery setup?

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Well I have decided that i might throw on my topper, paint it either black or the same blue as my truck, put on a light bar with 4 lights, and a nice rack, then a seat in the back, and compartments for my tools since the toolbox wont work. Pics soon to come.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Son of Mayhem said:
yeah, im gonna cut out the bottom of my console, and set it up, and if that doesnt work, ill custom fab some brackets for under the cd player or the glove box! i just have to fix my truck before i can do it. how hard is a dual battery setup?
dual battery setup is pretty simple, you should have enough room in the front opposite side of you engine bay from the stocker. i have dual optimas in my 84 and rich has dual optimas in his 99, i know rich ran some extra goodies on his mine is just wired pos to pos and neg to neg with some big beefy ass 4 ga.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts