TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chris, Mikey and I were working on my shock relocation this last weekend. We located 12" stroke 5150 shocks under the bed and not in a /\ but vertical and laid back slightly.. but not as far back as you would think...:).. BIG THANKS to Chris for all his work welding this together and getting the suspension lined up and working awsome:). I baught 1/4 inch shock tabs and frame mounts from Ruff stuff.. and the 1/2" plate ubolt flip kit from trailgear. I took out the stock crossmember as I no longer keep my tire there.. and between the new 2" square stock and 1/4" plate.. plus the rear bumper its pretty damn sturdy under there. There is going to be more to come before I move to ID:D.. but for now check out the pics..:).. oh. what and the suspension is under full compression.. and droop.. tire was hangin above the ground juuust a little. the shocks do not bottom out or fully extend.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Sweet setup. That's some pretty good flex going on. The weld job and setup does indeed look good. I hate seeing hack jobs on suspension.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
blakjak said:
Sweet setup. That's some pretty good flex going on. The weld job and setup does indeed look good. I hate seeing hack jobs on suspension.
Thanks!! Chris does some good stuff. Im Happy as hell with it... might be able to use all the shock when I go with chebys down the road.

·
Registered
300 Posts
oh dude WTF happend to the BLING? Next time your over your fawked and getting twice the bling.....oh and the shocks looks good to

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lucky13TRD said:
oh dude WTF happend to the BLING? Next time your over your fawked and getting twice the bling.....oh and the shocks looks good to

LMAO!! I painted over all the bling mikey!! I got somethin else to do.. so youll have your chance to blingify me..LOL... Ill make sure to have my kewler full...lol...Youll be happy when Im over next:)..lol

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
Lookin good man! Glad you are happy with it! The list just grew for fab though.

Current list:
Beadlocks for Da' Beater
Tire carrier for your junk
Exo, belly skid, and rear bumper for Taylors huge pig. (I litereally have to jump to get into it!)
Front bumper Da' Beater
Flat belly for Da' Beater

Obviously not all of this is going to happen before you leave.... jackass!

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wgasa84 said:
Lookin good man! Glad you are happy with it! The list just grew for fab though.

Current list:
Beadlocks for Da' Beater
Tire carrier for your junk
Exo, belly skid, and rear bumper for Taylors huge pig. (I litereally have to jump to get into it!)
Front bumper Da' Beater
Flat belly for Da' Beater

Obviously not all of this is going to happen before you leave.... jackass!
Dayum!! your gettin all over the beater now eh!??.. Going to be a busy Dec. Are we working this weekend? I have to take the front coilovers off sunday afternoon as they are going in mon for an overhaul while Im working with my brother in LA. Sat i can do whatever.. I dont have shit here though. Might have all the cb stuff here though, you have an SWR meter? . just waiting on stuff to show up. ... Im waaay happy with the shocks though.. I have more than enough shock on compression and extension..IM gonna have to take those rear spring retainers off completly:)...lol

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
Dunk said:
Dayum!! your gettin all over the beater now eh!??.. Going to be a busy Dec. Are we working this weekend? I have to take the front coilovers off sunday afternoon as they are going in mon for an overhaul while Im working with my brother in LA. Sat i can do whatever.. I dont have shit here though. Might have all the cb stuff here though, you have an SWR meter? . just waiting on stuff to show up. ... Im waaay happy with the shocks though.. I have more than enough shock on compression and extension..IM gonna have to take those rear spring retainers off completly:)...lol
Yeah it's going to be a full Dec. with two weeks off from school, I'll be movin all the time. I'll let you know when I need your help moving the stuff in storage (SD) to up here. It will defenetly be before the 26th!

I'm trying to figure a way to make the winch removable (f/r) but still in a STRONG secure mount that doesn't make noise! I know that rear bumper will have to be beefed up to take the abuse. And that front bumper has it's days numbered. :saw: :welder: :saw: :welder:

I have two final projects due next week, Sat is going to be used to get them done. I'm also going to get a storage unit so I can get the 500+lbs of tires/rims out of the bed of the Taco. (picked them up from Taylor finnally)

You'll gain more travel once you get those retainers off. Get some pics of those new tires when you have them on. I wonder how much you'll rub?

Either way, I'm glad we spent so much time on your shock setup, it works great, it's stout as hell and looks good too! Taylor is going to do something pretty similar so he can actually drive his giant bitch out to Mikey's so we can get fabbin. His rig makes mine look small, but then again he has 70miles on his front springs and I have countless miles on mine.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wgasa84 said:
His rig makes mine look small, but then again he has 70miles on his front springs and I have countless miles on mine.
Im thinking along the lines of Jeff big...lol.. TAcos tend to be bigger when swapped I think. SO GET that School stuff done and we can start :saw: :welder: :) Barrel hinge is on the way.. And Ive got somethin special for the MIkey:) I might see if hes around on Sat and wants to do anything.

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
drabnor said:
nice, about time you get some flex :flipoff1:
Don't you have something wrong with your front end to figure out? :flipoff1:

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
Wgasa84 said:
Don't you have something wrong with your front end to figure out? :flipoff1:
yes, yes i do

want to loan me 30 bucks so i can buy gear oil? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
Nice, looks like you guys did a good job. Looks a lot like my set-up with the square tubing, except I have the 7100's.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Tweeter said:
Nice, looks like you guys did a good job. Looks a lot like my set-up with the square tubing, except I have the 7100's.

Im pretty stoked with the end result thats for damn sure!! Ive seen yours.. looks real good as well. I mostly go slow so I figured the 5150s would be a good shock for me.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Dunk,

Just wondering how that setup ended up working out for you. I was looking into the same thing and want to make sure the driveability isnt sacrificed as my truck is my DD.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
stupid ass canadian...this thread is 5 years old
stupid fuckin socaliforniar talking shit with a tinny as post count and probably a tinny ass pecker too:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts