TTORA Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With all the 12v accessories like cell phones, satelite radio, GPS, etc. my console was getting cluttered with cords. I went out and got 2 multi-outlet cigar lighter adapters. One is constant 12v from the aux batt. and the other is ignition switched 12v from the aux batt. Now I can plug in my semi-permanent accessories and hide all the wires uder the cup holders.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i was considering doing something similar, but I did not know that the cup holders came out like that. Do they just pop out?

Also, is there an auxiliary switched power wire anywhere in the truck? My jeep had one, and I want to put an extra (hidden) 12V plug somewhere in order to clean up my satellite radio.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The cup holders pop out with little effort. The switched wire is stuck into one of the empty fuse spots on the drivers side.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I'm looking to do a clean install of a VHF radio in the cubby hole where your sat reciever is. I have to run the power/gground wires, as well as the larger antenna cable.

Can the cubby hole be removed as well? I wanna place the VHF where your sat box is, with all wires/cables hidden behind.

Minimal drilling as well!

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
I dont think the cubby can be removed without removing the whole center console, I tried today. I wanted to put a series of switches accross the front of the cubby, but there is no depth behind it due to the heater duct.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm looking to do a clean install of a VHF radio in the cubby hole where your sat reciever is. I have to run the power/gground wires, as well as the larger antenna cable.

Can the cubby hole be removed as well? I wanna place the VHF where your sat box is, with all wires/cables hidden behind.

Minimal drilling as well!
To get to that cubby hole you have to take out the whole console. Its not hard. Four black screws near the shifter and two bolts inside the storage compartment (under the carpet).

There is not much space directly behind the cubby on the right side. A little more on the left.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A little update: I converted the stock cigar plug on the right side to full time 12v and used the switched power that used to go to it to trigger my relay for my switched 12v from the aux battery.

The cup holders pop out with little effort. The switched wire is stuck into one of the empty fuse spots on the drivers side.
With this mod no need for the wire to the fuse block any more.

·
Registered
682 Posts
My own version...

Was in a thread called the SLP mod. I used 12ga wire.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My own version...

Was in a thread called the SLP mod. I used 12ga wire.
What size fuse did you run with the 12 awg wire? I like diamond plate!
I can't find that thread.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Thanks!

I'm running a 20 amp fuse. I am changing over to a painless wiring 3 constant hot/ 4 Ignition hot fuse block rather soon. Thinking about using a relay, not sure though...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts