TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have a dilemma, the SRW 14-bolt out of a 3/4 ton I have is not full-floating. I do, however, have a DRW 14-bolt that is full-floating. My question can I easily swap out the rear to a single wheel? I've searched a lot and I think that they're the same housing just different hubs maybe? If that's so then can I swap out the hubs and brakes and stuff out of the SRW to the DRW? I was actually planning on doing my SAS for the front this next week but I need a rear end to get the truck going also. Thanks for any help.

Oh, here's the SRW

and here's the DRW

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
P.S. I plan on swapping the rear to disc brakes before long also and if i can still do it to the DRW 14-bolt then I can wait to do any swapping, it'll just look funny for a while.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have read it and I refer to it alot, the only problem is it doesn't say anything about the semi-floating SRW except that is was an option. It said that everything will swap between the SRW and the DRW but it also says for all the full-floating designs. In the FF, the axle shaft can come out while the hubs and wheels and everything stays on, the way it looks on mine is the hubs and drums would have to come off before you can remove an axle shaft. This is what makes me think they're not the same hubs. I was hoping somebody has seen this before and could help me.

·
Registered
517 Posts
semi float setups do not use hubs since they don't have spindles, the axle shaft rides on a big bearing and has a flange that the wheel bolts directly to. the full float setups have a spindle that the hub rides on with an inner and outer bearing the axle shaft has a flange on the end that bolts to the hub to turn it and the wheel bolts to the hub. you can use the full float housing but need to ditch the dualy hubs and find some srw ones, then you are golden. ditch the semi float axle the only thing you can take from it is gears, carrier and the diff cover.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
semi float setups do not use hubs since they don't have spindles
That's what I was assuming seeing the dish type cover when I popped the wheel cover. That's exactly what I was needing to know. Now if I can only find some of the SRW hubs lol anybody got some for cheap or trade for the dually's? :D

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
jsherrill - if your willing i have a 14bolt van width im tryin to get rid of
Well I found a complete rear end, minus the ring and pinion, out of a 3/4 ton truck. Full floating and SRW. I don't guess I need one now, I really do appreciate it though.:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts