TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know the topic of which exhaust to get has been covered thousands of times (for the 3.4L guys) I have a 2000 2.7L and i am stuck between magnaflow and flowmaster in either the 14" or 18" or the Fm40 or 50. Ive read that the 14" is louder than the 18" but the 18" is deeper. Does that mean the 14" is just loud but high piched? i looked through every thread dealing with 2.7L muffler sound clips but most dont work anymore. If anyone could please post any sound clips of either of these two mufflers it wouldnt benefit only me but everyone else out there with the 4-banger.

·
Registered
427 Posts
go fm 40

heard they dont pop as much

i am running 14" magna flow and really dont like the sound

the other thought would be spintech

·
Registered
329 Posts
i also wanna know the answer to this question, i have never put exhaust on a 4 banger before so i dunno what to look for. the flowmaster 40 is 2 chamber and the fm50 is 3 chamber.

i wanna good sound that makes my truck sound like its got a little power, but i definitely dont wanna fart can sound.

-Tim

·
Registered
760 Posts
ive been tryin to search for this info as well...i found a bunch of sound clips but they dont do justice, just opinions from experience would be appreciated....:D

·
I LIVE FOR THIS
1,700 Posts
I dig my Magnaflow 18" setup for my 3.4L but on a 4 banger its pretty tuff to get the sound you want.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the FM50 on my 2.7L and it has a deep mild tone for a 4 cyl. Nothing like the fart sounding ricers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts