TTORA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 02 4 door prerunner trd and i wanna know what i have to do to fit some 15 in rock crawlers on it. i have them on my cruiser only due to the wheel spacers. do i need wheel spacers to put them on the taco? any clearance issues like with the cruiser?

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
put em on and see :confused: ...

should be no prob...what size tires you goin with?

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
You mean you have both vehicles in your driveway, and you're asking us if they fit??

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
well i got 35s on the rock crawlers now and they obviously wont fit on the taco stock so i had no way of putting them on. but if they do fit im goin with a 3 in lift, some 33s and im getting a SAS with a 4wd conversion. not too big but still able to go places

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
They should fit just fine. The 04 prerunner has the VSC option which wouldn't fit 15s, but I don't think it's an issue for the 02. If it fits your cruiser it should fit your prerunner.

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
you made no mention of ABS? if your taco has ABS then you will more than likely have clearence issues with the calipers. The spacers may help with it though, not exactly sure though.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Word. I recall ABS models have 16" rims. I just today put 16" 4 runner wheels on my 99 prerunner, they have studded tires. My others are in storage, I dont have ABS on my Tacoma so their 15's. I thought they (4Runner wheels) were 15's cause they look identical but their not. Look on the wheel and the dimension should be there.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I think you guys just answered my question: what gives on the 16 inch wheels on my Taco? Assuming it's now ABS as I planned on going with 15's. So... I looked at the list of wheels that fit and it looks like I'm out of luck with the Rock Crawlers 51 or 97...

According to Wheeler's:

"The only difference in TYPE A and TYPE B is the backspacing setting, TYPE B has less backspacing which causes the tire to stick out from the fender a little more than TYPE A, allowing more room between the tire and upper control arm for wider tires. These wheels clear the brake calipers which has been an issue with replacement wheels on these trucks. The wheels have larger bead retention grooves to assist bead retention at low tire operating pressures. These wheels are DOT approved. We have black and chrome lug nuts, lug locks and wheel caps listed below for these wheels. The 15"X8" wheels weigh approx 30lbs/ea, the 15"X10" & 16"X8" wheels weigh approx 37lbs/ea. *NOTE: OUR 15" WHEELS ARE DESIGNED SO THEY WILL FIT ON A 95-04 16" FACTORY EQUIPPED TACOMA! NOW YOU CAN RUN 15" TIRES ON YOUR 16" EQUIPPED TACOMA."

How about someone that has actually INSTALLED these?

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
I haven't installed them but they are the ones I am going with. I've heard of quite a few guys over on "that other board" that run the wheelers wheels.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
If you have the VSC traction option they won't fit, but if you have a non-VSC truck they fit. I put my type Bs on today and they BARELY fit (like 3mm or so from the caliper) but barely means yes, because this is either a yes or no situation.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
=ACID RAIN= said:
If you have the VSC traction option they won't fit, but if you have a non-VSC truck they fit. I put my type Bs on today and they BARELY fit (like 3mm or so from the caliper) but barely means yes, because this is either a yes or no situation.
How far out do your Type B's hang?
I am planning on running 33X10.50's but some people have suggested running the TYPE B's anyway, even thought the type A's should fit up to 11.5 inch tires. But wheeleers says they fit STOCK tires up to 11.5 inches wide, so if your going with a 33, should you move up to to a TYPE B?

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
I'm pretty sure there's a whole thread on which 15" wheels will fit and which won't...maybe you should take a look at that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts