TTORA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have 15x7 American racing steel rims with 31x10.5x15 mounted. I want to keep the same overall size so considering 265-70-16 which is a little more than .25" smaller overall. Pricing seems to be the same.

Is there any benefit in this tire size to have a 16" vs 15" rim?

J

·
Registered
16 Posts
IMHO I would think you are crazy to want 16" tires if you actually use your truck as a light truck should be used.

Here is a rant I am about to post in a new thread as soon as I am done typing this line... and paste:

Here's my rant to Toyota on my 2012 Tacoma Regular cab 4x4 : I hate being limited to 16" LT Tires with no meat on them to get decent ride quality. MEAT as in tread depth and aggressive tread pattern. When, I could get a 15" tire with some meat on it that still rides great because it's a load range C. Load range C in a 15" tire is basically the same thing as a LT tire in 16".

·
Registered
16 Posts
I currently have 15x7 American racing steel rims with 31x10.5x15 mounted. I want to keep the same overall size so considering 265-70-16 which is a little more than .25" smaller overall. Pricing seems to be the same.

Is there any benefit in this tire size to have a 16" vs 15" rim?

J
If you don't care about MEAT then the the only advantage of a 16" tire over 15" is that it will handle a little ( and I mean little bit ) better on the highway. Other than that I don't know why you would want to give up your 15" tires :dunno:

I want to do the EXACT opposite of what you are doing specifically to get some MEAT. Look at the tread depth difference on the manufacturers tire charts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts