TTORA Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
always a Toyota lover at heart
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, I have just over 150K and am thinking I need to make sure I have everything covered on my 1998 Std cab tacoma
I know that many of us 3RZ-FE owners have loads of miles, but what service history is most common on our Tacomas with over 150K
I have tuned the engine many times and have always used NGK plus, currently running Platinums and have been very happy with them so far.
I am running the NGK performance wires(blue) for just over 50K, those are doing well also.
I have recently drained/refilled radiator and have been thinking about wether I need to inspect/replace timing chain and water pump, just from age.

What is the general concensus??
bob

·
Registered
469 Posts
bump,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

·
Registered
485 Posts
Go here and read through all the pages (on the bottom it says "Click for Maintenance Page 2", etc.) :D

·
Registered
38 Posts
I heard it's a good idea to change the timing chain at around 120k or so. Probably could last a lot longer, but just for peace of mind. Deffinately wouldn't hurt to change the waterpump too with the mileage you have. You never know when it can start leaking. Maybe check the valve clearances too. Have you looked here: http://smg.toyotapartsandservice.com

·
always a Toyota lover at heart
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks
I had a Galant LS before the 98 Tacoma
I loved it, actually should have kept it
It had everything on it, I drove it to FLA and it took me and two other big guys in total comfort!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts