TTORA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
anyone knows what part number 4wheel parts use for the 15x8 steel wheels that will clear the brakes on a 2002 d-cab? they are telling me that those will not fit. also how many miles do you guys have when mounting the wheels? the reason i'm asking about mileage is because when it comes time to change the brake pads, it will push the calipers out more.

johnny

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Actually it won't push the calipers out more, they are fixed. So no worries there. I am running some 15x8 rockcrawler "locks" that they claimed wouldn't fit and i bought them anyways and mounted them, they rubbed by about 2mm's so i shaved the caliper with fine sand paper and that was that.

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
chopaholic said:
anyone knows what part number 4wheel parts use for the 15x8 steel wheels that will clear the brakes? they are telling me that those will not fit. also how many miles do you guys have when mounting the wheels? the reason i'm asking about mileage is because when it comes time to change the brake pads, it will push the calipers out more.

johnny
pretty sure it's 87-5883

·
Registered
360 Posts
KStacoma said:
Actually it won't push the calipers out more, they are fixed. So no worries there. I am running some 15x8 rockcrawler "locks" that they claimed wouldn't fit and i bought them anyways and mounted them, they rubbed by about 2mm's so i shaved the caliper with fine sand paper and that was that.

Can you post pics of your wheels?

·
always a Toyota lover at heart
1,114 Posts
you just have to make sure they have the little nnder circle holes, not D-shaped

·
Registered
46 Posts
U.S. Wheel style #84 from Summit, 15x8, 3.75 BS, black with 'D' holes barely rubbed the calipers on my '01 Tacoma, and yes its the way the 'D' is punched in the wheel that makes contact. Slightly grind the caliper or use 1/4" spacers.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
LunarTaco said:
U.S. Wheel style #84 from Summit, 15x8, 3.75 BS, black with 'D' holes barely rubbed the calipers on my '01 Tacoma, and yes its the way the 'D' is punched in the wheel that makes contact. Slightly grind the caliper or use 1/4" spacers.

the way the d hole is punched through there is the sharp edge that can be grounded down to clear calipers.

johnny

931 Posts
chopaholic said:
anyone knows what part number 4wheel parts use for the 15x8 steel wheels that will clear the brakes on a 2002 d-cab? they are telling me that those will not fit. also how many miles do you guys have when mounting the wheels? the reason i'm asking about mileage is because when it comes time to change the brake pads, it will push the calipers out more.

johnny
Here are pics of the rims, including pics of the part number on the box:

http://www.sr4x4s.homelinux.com/Pete's%20Tacoma%20Pictures/Lift%20Pictures/Tire%20and%20Wheel%20Pics/index.html

·
Deal Master
2,775 Posts
ALL said:
pretty sure it's 87-5883
Correct 87-5883 (They have replaced them with the 97-5883 - 97 Series also with round holes which have clearance issues also)

FYI- I called up Procomp a couple of months ago and and was told that you could still have them special ordered from 4wpw- Just tell them that you talked to Procomp directly

931 Posts

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
well i was gonna go to the local shop in here...but i guess i can call them...lol...so i just tell them i want this part number or what not?

and they will clear the caliper with no prob?

931 Posts
04RedLobster said:
well i was gonna go to the local shop in here...but i guess i can call them...lol...so i just tell them i want this part number or what not?

and they will clear the caliper with no prob?
They are on my 01, and my friends 02 without any problems. I have yet to hear they did not fit anyones truck.

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
yeah those are the ones i have a they fit no problem

·
Registered
46 Posts
chopaholic said:
the way the d hole is punched through there is the sharp edge that can be grounded down to clear calipers.

johnny
If your going to grind on the wheels to gain clearance ya better get the wheels/tires re-balanced ;)

·
Registered
121 Posts
I was hoping that these would have fit. I could have sworn someone on the other board had these on. It might have been because of the smaller caliper on other generation trucks. Damn, I wanted these on my 02'. :banghead:

·
Registered
134 Posts
yotracer158 check your pm...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts