TTORA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may buy some 16x8.5 inch guardians with -6 off set this spring. I'm also upgrading to the larger 231mm tundra brakes. I know this is a shot in the dark but does anyone know if this combo will rub. I can't find the wheels close enough to test fit. I don't want to order and then end up having to run a 1/4 inch spacer to fit. Discount tire shows photos of the a 16 inch wheel on a 1st gen tundra but I'm not trusting a photo.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
0 offset on a 8.5 inch wheel should be 4.25 back spacing. So -6 should move that to 4 inch back spacing. Currently I have stock wheels with 1 inch spacers. If i do my math correctly the -6 should set the inside of my tire in the same place. It's more back spacing on the new wheel but the wheel is wider so this moves the tire away from the upper control arm. Scuba I think it puts the inside of my tire at the same spot as your 8 inch wheels with 3.75 back spacing which I believe is the same spot as my 7 inch wheel, 4.5 back spacing with a 1 inch spacer. I ink all my math is correct I'm worried about the caliper rubbing. I may just call discount tire and talk to them about fitment on a tundra and see what they say. Their customer service is supposed to be good.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts