TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of 285/75 Goodyear MT/R's and am having trouble finding the rims I want, for the price I want to spend. Could these tires fit on a 16x7 rim with 4 inches backspacing or should I keep looking for some 16x8's.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Don't know about the backspacing, but there are guys running these tires on stock 16x7 rims. Just have to watch out for rubbing the spindle tower when aired down.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
jtaco1 said:
I have a set of 285/75 Goodyear MT/R's and am having trouble finding the rims I want, for the price I want to spend. Could these tires fit on a 16x7 rim with 4 inches backspacing or should I keep looking for some 16x8's.
I'm running 265/75/16's, and while I didn't have any problems with rubbing the spindle tower on the stock 16x7's, I decided to go with 16x8's with 4BS when I lifted in order to widen my track a little to maintain stability. With the new wheels my track is 2" wider. Stable, while still maintaining the narrowness of the Taco.

I got my PC1869's for ~$390 USD shipped.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mudferret said:
I'm running 265/75/16's, and while I didn't have any problems with rubbing the spindle tower on the stock 16x7's, I decided to go with 16x8's with 4BS when I lifted in order to widen my track a little to maintain stability. With the new wheels my track is 2" wider. Stable, while still maintaining the narrowness of the Taco.

I got my PC1869's for ~$390 USD shipped.
Where did you end up getting your rims.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
jtaco1 said:
Where did you end up getting your rims.
Thanks
I got them from North Shore Offroad (locacted in North Vancouver, BC). Thier price when I got them was 125 CDN and then shipping was about 25. They ended up being so much cheaper than 4wheelparts it was insane.

Worth giving them a call (don't bother emailing, their web order guy, Wil, is working his ass off as it is) to see what type of duties you might be charged when they cross the border.

Come to think of it, they were shipped from Cali to NSOR, then to me when I ordered them. Chances are they'd be drop shipped from Cali to you.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mudferret said:
I got them from North Shore Offroad (locacted in North Vancouver, BC). Thier price when I got them was 125 CDN and then shipping was about 25. They ended up being so much cheaper than 4wheelparts it was insane.

Worth giving them a call (don't bother emailing, their web order guy, Wil, is working his ass off as it is) to see what type of duties you might be charged when they cross the border.

Come to think of it, they were shipped from Cali to NSOR, then to me when I ordered them. Chances are they'd be drop shipped from Cali to you.
Cool, thanks man, I'll give them a call tomarrow ofer lunch.

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
jtaco1 said:
I know a couple members who run those on stock 7s (4.5" bs) but with a 1/4" wheel spacer to keep them off the spindle towers (2.5-3" of lift). With 4.0" bs you should be perfect.

If you don't have a lot of lift you may tag the fender edges a tad.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hytenor said:
I know a couple members who run those on stock 7s (4.5" bs) but with a 1/4" wheel spacer to keep them off the spindle towers (2.5-3" of lift). With 4.0" bs you should be perfect.

If you don't have a lot of lift you may tag the fender edges a tad.
Thanks, I'll see what I can come up with, I may be able to swap my parents for their 4 Runner rims which are 16 and just run a 1/4 inch spacer. Definatley cheaper than buying new rims, :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts