TTORA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have an 1984 Toyota Pick up. It has a soild front axle and is a base 4ci.
The only upgrades now are biger tires and no muffler!!! It has a few miles on it.....81900 or around there. I am tring to fix it up a nd restore this truck. The body will be last of corse so I want to do some under the hood mods first. Is there any thing I can do besides buy a new engin?? Right now I am probley lucky to have 100hp I would like to have maby 250 with my curent engin, is this posible?? If so what could I do?? Please respond or email me at
[email protected] THANK YOU!!!!!

·
Registered
226 Posts
"Right now I am probley lucky to have 100hp I would like to have maby 250 with my curent engin, is this posible??"

Yeah, sell your soul to satan.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Nelium said:
"Right now I am probley lucky to have 100hp I would like to have maby 250 with my curent engin, is this posible??"

Yeah, sell your soul to satan.
its do able, its just money right?

Check out www.LCEngineering.com They make just about everything you need for the 22r, just depends on how much you wanna spend. good luck

Austin

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
www.lcengineering.com is the only place i can think of doing it. they have a turbo setup that could push the engine toward 300hp. Peterson's 4wheeler has a 84 or so toyota and they put all the right products on their 22r and that is what kind of numbers they got.

·
Registered
223 Posts
87-Boy said:
also,, is putting on an EFI posible? if so how?
It is possible. The best is to get a doner truck that you can swap the engine, harness, computer from. As for the power you want, you are going to spend a lot of money on it unless you swap in a V8. I am not trying to be a dick, but why are you going to restore an old toyota truck? You will end up spending 3-4 times the amount of money on it than it will ever be worth. What will you be using the truck for? They are good rockcrawlers and daily drivers, but not really a good resto candidate. Good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
DCabTaco said:
The daily driver thing is questionable.
My 81 is a dd and a crawler. I just have to deal with a sore back all day every day. :xdevil:

·
Registered
196 Posts
Sir_Titus said:
My 81 is a dd and a crawler. I just have to deal with a sore back all day every day. :xdevil:
Some new seats should fix that. Have you looked into Beard, Mastercraft, or PRP seats?

·
Registered
42 Posts
New seats?? Not needed! Check this out - my wife bought one of those tempurpedic knock off brand matress toppers for our bed - but in a size too big. She trimmed this thing to fit so what I did was took the trimmed sections, cut em' down, put em' under my Kragen seat covers - and damn, talk about cush! I've got space foam technology in my stock 85 Toy seats and a comfy bed to come home to :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well i would not be restoring it besides it has been in my family for over 15 years and my aunt let me buy it for 2500 bucks and i just want it to look good and run good too. I will mainly use it for having fun and hunting. Any more suggestions??????

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well ??????????? I guess i could maby sell it back to my family and get me a newer toyota?? Please help?? Would it be worth it in the long run to keep it and fix it up or sell it and fix oh lets say a late 90's model???? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Smoked Out!
1,869 Posts
it all depends on your budget, what you want out of it, and how much work you want to put into it. I have an 04 taco and an 83 toy. That is exactly what they are,... one is a nicer 4x4 street queen with some comfort and the other is a trail rig that gets banged up and I don't care. As for a restore,... I don't plan on restoring my 83 obvioulsy. However, I got mine for 1500 with a lift and new 35s on it already. as for the miles,... don't know and don't care. If something breaks I will fix it at that point and not a moment sooner. Now you have to ask yourself, what do you want out of this rig? A restore is possible but do you really want to put money into a truck that will not be worth 1/2 of what you put into it, then again nothing ever does... lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts