TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Loacted in SoCal.

1985 4runner. Obviously its solid axle. 22RE, W56, Top shift case. Bone stock. Its the Unicorn.

133,000 miles. New motor that is incredibly strong installed 8K miles ago. I have documents to prove it. Pacesetter header just installed. It had a partially clogged cat, so I cut it out. I was planning on taking this with me to Colorado when I move later this month which didn't have smog, so I never registered it. It has a clean AZ title, and I also have a carfax on it. No accidents that I can tell, and none on the carfax. I just bought it last week, tuned it up a little, cleaned it up, and am going to flip it before the move. I really don't want to sell it, but its better than making two trips for it.

Its a Deluxe model. It had A/C, but the previous owner pulled it out for some reason. I still have the compressor though and it will go with it. Seats up front are worn, but still comfy. Just needs some seat covers and it would be fine. Rear window still works, headliner in good shape. Perfect build up rig with new motor, and very solid drivetrain. Put an Extreme kit on it, gear it, lock it, dual case it, and its done.

No leaks, GOOD power. In fact out of the four Toyotas I have owned with a 22RE, this one is the strongest one I have driven.

$3000 FIRM. I am in Lake Elsinore, CA and won't take a dime less, so don't ask. Any less and I will just take it with me. You can call me at 949-929-7352.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
man thats a nice 4runner. if i had the money and didnt live all the way across the country i would jump on it

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
just remember how much the rest of it is going to cost you! Well... depending on how you are going to build it.

Hey, why do you NEED a solid axle? Are you going to run the hard trails? IE Doran Falls, Devils Canyon, AZ Rocks, The Hammers, Rubicon, etc?

Big Bear doesn't count my friend, Big Bear are easy trails for a solid axle'd rig with a 1/2 way decent driver.

If you want a SA rig becasue you want something more capable than your tacoma, be ready for a ton of work and more money put into it than you want to believe.

·
Registered
870 Posts
that is more than fair in the socal market for an 85 pickup or 4runner, i have seen a few go for around this price but they looked like shit, this thing is clean.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wgasa84 said:
just remember how much the rest of it is going to cost you! Well... depending on how you are going to build it.

Hey, why do you NEED a solid axle? Are you going to run the hard trails? IE Doran Falls, Devils Canyon, AZ Rocks, The Hammers, Rubicon, etc?

Big Bear doesn't count my friend, Big Bear are easy trails for a solid axle'd rig with a 1/2 way decent driver.

If you want a SA rig becasue you want something more capable than your tacoma, be ready for a ton of work and more money put into it than you want to believe.
Not necessarily. A complete Extreme kit is only $1499. Weld up the rear, lockright up front and dual case it and you're done. You might need spare birfs, 35s, drivehsafts, and an IFS box too. If its a trailer queen, you can run square shafts.

Hardly a big chunk of change when everything under the rig is now brand new.

I daily drove my built 88' and built the entire rig for less than $4500, including the cost of the vehicle. Yes, that was buying my parts at cost, but one could easily build a complete Toyota for under $7000 including the rig itself.

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
ScottyC said:
Not necessarily. A complete Extreme kit is only $1499. Weld up the rear, lockright up front and dual case it and you're done. You might need spare birfs, 35s, drivehsafts, and an IFS box too. If its a trailer queen, you can run square shafts.

Hardly a big chunk of change when everything under the rig is now brand new.

I daily drove my built 88' and built the entire rig for less than $4500, including the cost of the vehicle. Yes, that was buying my parts at cost, but one could easily build a complete Toyota for under $7000 including the rig itself.
I understand this, but for some reason, unless Dell has purchased more tools from the last time I was over at his place... he can't do the expensive work himself.

There is a bunch more I could go into, but it's not worth it to me. Dell Knows my number if he has questions.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wgasa84 said:
I understand this, but for some reason, unless Dell has purchased more tools from the last time I was over at his place... he can't do the expensive work himself.

There is a bunch more I could go into, but it's not worth it to me. Dell Knows my number if he has questions.
Oh, I see.

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
Wgasa84 said:

ScottyC said:
Oh, I see.

Fark... I must be useless... :confused: LOL

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
TacoDell said:
Bump for Scott's runner... decent little virgin truck... Runs good, gears feel good...

I'd buy it... for a hair less... ;)
Thanks Dell.

Oh, and I'd sell it for a hair more than you offered. :D

I'll throw in three more spares, a stereo, and some Pioneer 6x9s in boxes. $3K and its yours.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Seriously Dell, just buy it an build it. You have been wanting a 4runner forever!! Do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tim

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
Dell what about the one I told you about.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts