TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1986 Toyota 4runner - well built rock crawler

1986 Toyota 4runner. Located in Phoenix, AZ. This is a well-built rock crawler. It works fantastic off road and pretty decent on the pavement also, though it wouldn't be my first choice as a daily driver. I'm really going to miss it but a growing family has moved me into a new project off-roader with four doors.

I've never trailered it, always drove it to and from the trails. I've driven it to both CO and NM multiple times to wheel without issues. The body is in pretty decent shape. It has some small nicks, scratches and dents plus AZ pin striping, but nothing major I would point out. The interior is in quite good shape. The engine has about 187,000 miles on it. The 22RE engine and W56 tranny are out of an 88 4runner. The engine runs well. There are no leaks anywhere on the truck that I have seen and I just looked it over again. I've probably put about 10-15,000 miles on it in the last 5 years. When it's not out on a trail, it's been kept in the garage. There is NO RUST anywhere on the body or frame. Just passed emissions 3/28/14. I have most of the receipts for all the parts.

$10,000 not looking for any trades unless you happen to have a 70-71 Challenger you are looking to part with.

Lots of stuff listed below and there is probably more stuff I forgot to mention. Ask away if you have any questions.

Front axle
1984 front axle. Rebuilt about three years ago. Has around 5,000 miles on rebuild
571 gears
ARB air locker run off ARB compressor in engine bay
Longfield 30 spline chromoly axles
Longfield chromoly inner hub gears
Longfield knuckle wipers
Marlin HD inner seals
Trail Gear rock rings
Larger IFS calipers and vented rotors
ARP knuckle studs
Timken wheel bearings
Diff armor and axle truss
Extended breather

Rear axle
571 cryo'd gears
Detroit locker
All Pro rear disk brake conversion
Diff armor
Extended breather

Off road
All Pro SAS kit. 5" front/6" rear springs. Bilstein 5100 12" shocks
All Pro front bumper
All Pro kick-out rock sliders
Marlin Crawler rear bumper
All Pro interior roll cage tied into stock rear roll bar
Advanced Adapters 5.0:1 dual transfer case with Marlin Crawler HD shift springs. 257:1 crawl ratio
Budbuilt dual case crossmember
All Pro transfer case parking brake
Custom rear axle wrap bar built with Johnny Joints
5 Pro Comp 17x9 black Rock Crawler wheels. These are basically new. I had them installed a couple of months ago and have put very few miles on them. Never been off road
4 37x12.5x17 Goodyear Wrangler MTR Kevlar tires with 18/32 tread. New is 21/32. They have some rock rash but no plugs/patches. No leaks. Spare is an old-style 37x12.5x17 MTR with rock rash, no plugs/patches and no leaks
J.E. REEL long travel double cardan front drive shaft
Double cardan rear drive shaft
Ramsey REP8000 winch with 5/16 x 100' synthetic line with safety thimble.
1994 4runner steering box moved forward about 2"
Optima Red Top battery
LCE street header, Denso O2 sensor, Magnaflow cat running through a stock replacement muffler. All installed within the last few years

List Date: 7/30/2014

For more info, click here to view the original listing: 1986 Toyota 4runner - well built rock crawler
--------------------------------------
SOLD

--------------------------------------

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Fell free to make any offers. Worst I can say is know. You are not going to hurt my feelings. I can also ax some stuff from the truck to make it cheaper like take the winch off and put rollers on it instead of the 37s. I could use them on another project. Let me know. Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts