1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Not from the factory.. Ivan Stewart made that paint/viynl job cool when he used to run it on his Toyota Baja Trucks.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Ghetto suspension job and IRS would be the 1st thing i tear off..

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah i know it wasnt a good find, just a different one. it's amazing what people will do with their money.

I knew that paint job looked familiar and now I now why.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Actually, I have this book on modifying Toyota trucks and cars that was written in the early 90's, so most of the book is about 1st and 2nd gen trucks and 1st gen 4runners.
It mentions in there that Toyota sold a "prerunner" model with replica stripes like Ivan Stewart's. It might have been a dealer installed option, but apparently it was offered.

The owner of Krawltex bought my old 89 and after a weekend and some rattle cans, he did this:

before:

after:

He sold the truck and the next guy painted it all white immediately.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Actually, I have this book on modifying Toyota trucks and cars that was written in the early 90's, so most of the book is about 1st and 2nd gen trucks and 1st gen 4runners.
It mentions in there that Toyota sold a "prerunner" model with replica stripes like Ivan Stewart's. It might have been a dealer installed option, but apparently it was offered.

The owner of Krawltex bought my old 89 and after a weekend and some rattle cans, he did this:

before:

after:

He sold the truck and the next guy painted it all white immediately.
Do you have any larger pictures of the after picture??? Do you have any more infromation on the replica stripes??

if so can you email it to me mannyrodriguez1976(AT)yahoo(DOT)(COM)

Thanks

·
Registered
390 Posts
Here's a link to his quick build:
http://www.krawltex.com/newtex/g1/album176
Sadly, he didn't hang on to the 4runner long enough to make something out of it, but the paint job was a definite transformation. He looked at all of the pics he could find on the internet, and marked his truck up and went after it with rattle cans. It really looked good, even up close.
You can contact Cameron at Krawltex if you are thinking of doing something similar to yours.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts