TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I need to trade in my 05 tacoma for a Camry for my wife so now I need to sell my 88 4runner for an older tacoma as stated in the title. (gotta have a truck) She is in school right now and driving back and forth so the gas is killing me with the 05.
I am asking $3500 obro (negotiable) and I am located in Warner Robins Georgia. Of course if I trade it for a tacoma it will be the 4runner plus cash so let me know what you have. 5speed 4x4 good condition

Pics can be seen here: http://good-times.webshots.com/album/551634616GJlGmq

The specs: 1988 4runner, 4x4, 22re, auto, power windows, power locks,
144,XXX miles good condition.

The good: new radiator, thermostat, thermosensor, new tps, gapped the valves and new valve cover gasket and half moons, new timing chain as stated by PO and my mechanic at toyota (date??), new PCV valve and rubber grommet, new sparkplugs, new distributor cap, new AC compressor, expansion valve, new VSV, AC idle control, cleaned fuel injectors, new neutral safety switch, all new radiator hoses, LCE headers, FM 60 series muffler, Hi-flow cat from dynomax, new bfg m/t's in the rear 30x9.50 and used mud kings same size up front that I got from my dad, new 02 sensor, new OEM shocks, new belts, herculined the bed, camo seat covers, rancho aal, rear window works, sun roof, no rust on the frame at all, very very few surface rust spots on body(have to look hard just to see them, one or two maybe), painted wheels black, original radio, compression test showed good compression in all 4 cylinders, 170 psi. ALL WORK DONE BY MY MECHANIC AT TOYOTA!!

The bad: Passenger side window control button does not work but I can roll it down from driver's side. It struggles to go down and up but it does work. one tear in the dash pad,
rear window only works from the inside control button,
4wd light does not come on but 4wd definitely works with no flaws whatsoever. (I think there is a connector unplugged by the transmission somewhere)
automatic so it is not the fastest thing out there, gas mileage is not the greatest but it only has a 14.3 gallon tank. I can go around 175-200 miles on a tank of gas. I thought I had really realy bad gas mileage until i realized i only have a 14.3 gallon tank then i realized it is not that bad. lol
the truck uses oil. The PO told me the engine was rebuilt in 2003 but I think the valve seats are bad. anybody with any knowledge on rebuilds could rebuild it for cheap I just don't have the time or know how. it does not leak oil at all or smoke except first thing in the morning but that is condensation from what I am told cause it goes away after a minute or two of driving it. smokes a tad bit if you really get on it.
the front brushguard is not for sale. it is promised to my dad. (but if you really want it and the price is right I guess anything is for sale. lol)

if I am way off on the price please let me know but as you can see i got a ton of money invested in it. PM me for any questions or post here and I will be glad to answer them and take more pics of anything you need to see. Thanks and sorry so long!!

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Screw selling it. Donate it to the Benson wants another 4runner...
And power winders! Clean! Auto! Perfect Body! Good top!
Ill trade you a kidney! lol

·
Registered
164 Posts
i noticed that you where asking about my rig but im gonna tell u right now that if ur worried bout gas u dont need mine it sucks but if ur still interested im sending u pics today.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
^ I like the grille the way you have it, really clean.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i noticed that you where asking about my rig but im gonna tell u right now that if ur worried bout gas u dont need mine it sucks but if ur still interested im sending u pics today.
i appreciate the honesty. I am very interested in one that is in alabama but i need to sell this first. it is just the right thing to do money wise.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts