TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just turned 16 and bought my first truck, a 1991 toyota p/u 4x4 and a stock 22re, 5 speed, w/ 31's... I was wondering if i bought an exhaust tip if that would make the truck louder that it is, I do not want to straight pipe it because I will be selling it in a few years and not many people want a straight piped 4-banger where i live, (Montana). I am just worried that the truck will sound like a street racer car, any info or tips is very much appreciated!

Thanks in Advance,
Andrew

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
a tip isnt going to change the sound much at all.... if you wnat it noticeabley louder you will need to change out the muffler.... a flowmaster or magnaflow would work nicely

·
Registered
59 Posts
if you cut the exaust pipe rite behind the muffler and put a turn down on it will make it sound a little meaner.I learned that after an exaust pinching incident at the local ohv park

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
thanks, do you have any ideas that are relatively inexpensive, i spent all my money on the m/t 31's :D, also what sort of turn down? Also i am worried about the turn down idea, because i go muddin and trail riding with my friends and i am afraid it will boggout if the exhaust ends so close to the muffler...

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
if you still have the cat it won't be that loud straight piped

·
Registered
42 Posts
It would probally have a little more "zing" then "rumble", but if you do it right, it shouldnt sound like a race car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts