TTORA Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELP--- I have a 93 toyota pickup. I bought a battery from walmart and the neg and pos terminals where labeled incorrect. So putting the battery in the neg was actually hooked up to the pos and pos was hooked to the neg. Well it blew 2 fuses frist the 15 amp "efi" fuse and the "alt" 80 amp fusible link. Well while trying to pull the 80 amp out it broke. Is this fuse locked in there some way or is it melted? There probably is some trick. please help I don't have much more hair to pull out

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
The terminals were labeled wrong on the battery? :eek:

I think I would be calling the battery manufacturer and making it THEIR problem!

Anyways, are you talking about the rectangular 80A fuse (the one with the little window) or an actual fusible link (like a piece of wire)? The 80A fuse is not held in, just a major PITA to get out. I don't think it can be done without destroying it - I grabbed it with needle nose pliers and pulled it out.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I do believe its the 80A fuse thats BOLTED in place. You cant just pull it out. I sincerely doubt that the battery was mis-labeled, I'd lean towards the terminals being labeled incorrectly instead.

·
Registered
15,034 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
yup! it is bolted in on the tacoma's. on the tacos you have to unbolt the fuse box from the truck and slip the "walls" out and then the bolts holding in the larger fuses are exposed and you can un do them!

Been there…done that!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.