TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys-just wondering if any of you guys have run into this.when i hit the a/c on button at idle the engine prms go up and down-almost dying out.turn the button off-no problem.i assume some sort of ac kicker or soleniod?ty for any help.

·
Premium Member
2,224 Posts
Well, then get into all the other factors. . . . the age of the truck, how many miles on the engine? Any mods to the engine? Regular maintenance done to the engine? You haven't given anyone very much to work with.

·
Registered
114 Posts
clean your throttle body and adjust the idle screw . if that doesent take care of it remove the idle control valve and clean it with throttle body cleaner and it should take care of your problem .. it happened to my truck when i first bought it

·
Registered
467 Posts
Thanks-i just bought the truck,figured someone probably ran into it before.
its ur ac compressor its low on freon if it keeps clicking on and clicking off fairly fast

its not the idle screw or air flow sensor if it only does it with the ac on talk to jay or eric at yotamasters just give them a call they should be able to tell u exactly what it is over the phone

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
its ur ac compressor its low on freon if it keeps clicking on and clicking off fairly fast

its not the idle screw or air flow sensor if it only does it with the ac on talk to jay or eric at yotamasters just give them a call they should be able to tell u exactly what it is over the phone
yes it runs fine without the a/c button on.just bought the truck-so dont know about the maint on it.when i get som money together i will see yota masters and buy a shop manual,

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ANSWERE!!if any you run into this-idle going up and down with ac on,foot on brake,22re-adjust your base idle with all accessories off.then turn ac on,fan on high.idle should jump to 950.if not,adjust that screw thing on intake-the one with all the vacuum lines.you should here idle go up and down-adjust to 950.you are good to go.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts