TTORA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. Great board. I noticed this evening on the ride home from work that my heating control light is out. Is this an easy fix? Fuse? Let me know. Thx. FYI...I got just over 116k.

·
Registered
95 Posts
hello fellow 95.5 owner, allow me to help you out. pull the cup holder straight out (not sure if youve ever removed your cup holder but just keep pulling and itll come out) and then pull the knobs off of your heater controls. next pull the plastic panel surrounding the heater controls, now you can see the little green bulb, as i recall there was a clear plastic cover that had to be removed before the bulb. before discarding the bad bulb be sure to slide the little green cover off of it as youll need to put it on the new bulb. thats it, you need wagner stock number bp75 bulbs, good lucck, and welcome to ttora.

·
Registered
54 Posts
i did that in my '98, it was the first time i had ever had to do that, and man i will never do it again, i'm not trying to discourage you into doing it maybe you'll have better luck than me, it was just a bitch, and the whole time i was thinking....damn, after all the driveshafts, transfercases, engines, axles, gears, and lifts i've put on and i'm having trouble with the damn light i suck....

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Also you may want to try just tapping the plastic panel a couple of times about 3/4 of the way to the right side and 2/3 of the way up. Mine had just wiggled loose from vibrations and such and I was able to just tap it back into place without having to R&R everything.

·
Deal Master
2,775 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You guys are great. I'll give it a shot. On the way into work today I tried to pull out the cup holder but it aint coming off that's for sure. I'll try and tap the plastic and pull the knobs and see if that works.

·
Registered
95 Posts
part #bp74, have no idea why i said 75! 95.5's are different then 98 up, did you do it yet? the cup holder pulls out trust me!!...its to give you access to pull the plastic panel, so you can carefully remove the panel without breaking it.

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
derekgaddy said:
The bulb is loose. I tapped the control panel and the light came back on :) Thx for the help.
That's the third pre-98 truck I know of that had this problem. Eh, at least it's an easy fix.

·
Registered
74 Posts
AK95Taco said:
That's the third pre-98 truck I know of that had this problem. Eh, at least it's an easy fix.
Err....glad it worked but I would not really call it a fix. Not to be splitting hairs and a plus to you AK95Taco, what really happened is known in the repair business as the "tap test". It is used on all sort of electrical or even electronic troubleshooting. At least you know what the problem is.

AK95Taco, I am glad you are not sighting in guns for the enemy. Nice detail.

AK95Taco Also you may want to try just tapping the plastic panel a couple of times about 3/4 of the way to the right side and 2/3 of the way up. Mine had just wiggled loose from vibrations and such and I was able to just tap it back into place without having to R&R everything.

·
Registered
13 Posts
bulb or fuse?

Hey I just started having a simliar problem, except that it's ALL the lights on that panel that went out. The one light that looks like it's on its own bulb is the AC on/off button.

I'm curious if all the sliders have different bulbs or if this is an indication of a blown fuse. Any ideas?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Well i just tried the tap thing and my heater controll lights didnt come on but my 4-way button now lights up..... kept tapping and it went back off and tapped some more and it came back on but still no heater lights.

I dont believe there is a light for every slider im thinkin just one for the fan speed and one for the heater controlls so one on each side but im not sure. I dont have A/C but im sure the push buttons do have a bulb of their own.

Im going to pull the pannel off tomorrow and make sure the light for the 4-way button still isnt loose and replace the ones for the heater controlls so ill tell you how many bulbs there are tomorrow. I dont think it would be a fuse i would think that if it was a fuse all the lights for all the controlls including the A/C button would go out.

And does your radio and 4-way buyton still light up because if so i really dont think it is a fuse

·
Registered
13 Posts
I don't have a stock radio anymore, so I can't comment on the radio buttons.

But, the fan speed slider, temperature slider, and vent control slider all went out at the same time. I think there's a "panel" fuse under the hood, so I'll have to check that one.

Let me know what you find, thanks.

·
Registered
217 Posts
My AC control backlight on my 95.5 Taco works 1% of the time too. Occasionally if I whack it with my knuckle it will come on....oh well, i'm not going to bother fixing it..

·
Registered
236 Posts
I just looked on mine and there is just one bulb for all the sliders for the heater and fan speed and stuff so that must be your problem.

It was already explained on how to get at the bulb..... this is what i did and it worked perfect.

hello fellow 95.5 owner, allow me to help you out. pull the cup holder straight out (not sure if youve ever removed your cup holder but just keep pulling and itll come out) and then pull the knobs off of your heater controls. next pull the plastic panel surrounding the heater controls, now you can see the little green bulb, as i recall there was a clear plastic cover that had to be removed before the bulb. before discarding the bad bulb be sure to slide the little green cover off of it as youll need to put it on the new bulb. thats it, you need wagner stock number bp75 bulbs, good lucck, and welcome to ttora.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts