TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
***It has a blown head gasket***

$5,000

I am selling my 96 4runner (176,XXX miles) that has been sitting for about 4 months with a blown head gasket... I just dont have the time nor money to fix it so its time to sell it off.

It has a 3.5in lift (Front OME 883's w/ toytec topout spacer, rear the long land cruiser coils) and a 2in body lift (4 crawler). 35in procomp xtreame at's on black steelies. it has a custom rear bumper and no front bumper. Glassworks unlimited fiberglass fenders. 2in wheel spacers all around.

Its all leather (SR5) with the e-locker and 5spd. 4.88 yukon gears professionaly set. Thats about all i can think of...

PM me or call at (720) 220-7476

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Wow a 3.4 blew a HG? That sucks!

This would be a worthy ride to rebuild and have on the trails. Bump for ya!

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya it was a great ride, very capable once i got the locker workin. that reminds me... the actuator on the e-locker is about a year old (which is usually the first thing to fail on the elockers)

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I like it, does it run? drive on a trailer? Any internal damage? Interior pics?
It runs just smokes and burns coolant like no tomorrow... interior is in good condition but both front seats have tears in the leather (i bought it with such and had seat covers on since) it also has a aftermarket cd deck with an ipod hookup that charges it while it plays. i'll get some pictures tomorrow and post them up.

bobby

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bobby, you intersted in an SOA Land Cruiser FJ60 in trade?
as much as i would love to scotty i dont think it would do my needs right with going into the coast guard here soon and having to drive whatever vehicle i end up with where ever i get positioned (but your black 1st gen runner might be a different story:D ) thanks for the offer though man.

bobby

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
There was just a thread around here somewhere of a SAS'd first gen with bead locks, dual cases, armor, etc that went for $4500. I think it has been demonstrated many, many times that mods don't increase the value of the vehicle proportionally to what was spent.

Anyways, just jibber-jabber to bump for a truck I would buy in a heartbeat if I had cash.

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
Your runner is super clean, Scott. But 12 is a bit steep. I'd say $7500 on the high end, just with how things are these days.

Anyway, bump for for a clean 4runner :D

·
Registered
434 Posts
yea, unfortunately if you mod the crap outta a truck or whatever really... you're customizing it to your taste, so you should probably just keep it because you'll NEVER recoup your costs - now i guess i shouldn't say never, if the vehicle was ridiculously desirable for some reason, like some of the stuff you see sell on barrett/jackson. just rare, good condition vehicles. usually the ones that bring the most $$$ are redone to be as original as possible.

i like the look of this runner, and a blown head gasket isn't that huge of a deal. $5k may be too much for a vehicle that doesn't run.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
There was just a thread around here somewhere of a SAS'd first gen with bead locks, dual cases, armor, etc that went for $4500. I think it has been demonstrated many, many times that mods don't increase the value of the vehicle proportionally to what was spent.

Anyways, just jibber-jabber to bump for a truck I would buy in a heartbeat if I had cash.
Stop, we have gone through this with Scott, many times. There is market rate, Then there is scott rate.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
discussion from my for sale thread

i am linking this in my for sale thread cause i feel as if the clutter was getting a little off topic, and i'm trying to sell my rig and it wasn't helping... I sent troy a pm askin him to remove the clutter and nothing was done... So I guess I will myself.

And I like the discussion and dont want it to end because I personally think scottys rig is worth every penny, so continue it here...

and a like to my for sale thread for a bump:D:D:D

http://ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1676325#post1676325

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Did you have the head gasket replaced due to recall way back? IIRC, all the 1996 3.4s were recalled for bad head gaskets (I know mine was). Might want to look into that if it's an option.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Adam,

Not everybody wants RUF and 63" Chevies. CHEAP people go that route because they half ass the install with used parts to save $$$. I don't half ass anything on my rigs. And, considering a full turn key rig from my shop can run $15K+, yes, my personal rig would demand that kind of price.

I know the economy is what it is. But, not everyone is hurting in this economy. There is still plenty of money going around. I see it on Pirate all the time. The difference is that there are people who will nickle and dime you to death, and then there are people who know what they want, and are willing to pay for top quality.

Have you ever wondered why you are constantly selling off your vehicles because you get bored with them?
Scott, you don't know me at all and it shows. I was kidding.:) Which gives you jack shit to input on why I sell my shit. Another reason I won't do business with you.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts