TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I have a 1996 tacoma 2.7L 5 speed that is having trouble starting. When i put the key in the ignition and turn it to accessory every thing lights up and works but when i turn the key to start the truck nothing works even with the clutch to the floor and nothing happens with the auto clutch button either. The battery is also only a year and a half old. Last night it did this for the first time. i tried turning the key six times and nothing turned over but when i went back out to try it again a few minutes later it turned over with a little trouble. This morning it turned over like it was brand new nothing wrong. I do live in Southern, NH and it has been in the single digits and low teens the past week but that shouldnt be the problem.Any clues or tips.

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
I say check the starter too, but that doesnt rule out other possibilities. Whats it sound like as you turn the key? Go to an auto parts store and buy a rebuilt starter..starters are fairly easy to install and if it turns out the starter wasnt the problem then just take it back.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts