TTORA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1997 4runner limited
tan leather (crack on side of driver's cushion from getting in and out)
3.4, auto (just like all the rest)
148,000 miles, (runs perfect, well maintained, bought from carmax with 100,000, they did new timing belt, etc before i purchased, all dealer service records since then)
white/silver
viper alarm/remote start/keyless entry
cd player
factory carpet mats and toyota "all weather" floor mats
front pads are performance frictions landcruiser pads

for the extras:
OME/Tundra/Revtek front set-up
OME rear (coils, shocks)
front diff. drop
Towing package
Manual Hub Conversion using taco parts with nearly new CV unlimited newfields, warn hubs, all installed in the factory limited knuckle so you still have ABS and big brakes, also new wheels bearings when this work was done at toyota dealership.

285/75/16 BFG all-terrains

$9500 as it sits, runs perfect and looks awesome.

pics available.

·
Registered
988 Posts
justinh said:
Looks like i am probably going to be selling the 4runner. It really isn't what I want right now and doesn't serve a practical purpose either. With the new baby we drive my wife's lexus rx300 everywhere and i have wanted a sportscar for a long time and now seems like the right time to do it. So here goes, i will list everything in this post right now, since a lot of stuff is still uninstalled it will probably appears in a separate post else where as well. I do not have a problem putting it back to stock and selling it that way, in all actuality that will most likely be how it is handled. So here goes....

1997 4runner limited
tan leather (crack on side of driver's cushion from getting in and out)
3.4, auto (just like all the rest)
148,000 miles, (runs perfect, well maintained, bought from carmax with 100,000, they did new timing belt, etc before i purchased, all dealer service records since then)
white/silver
viper alarm/remote start/keyless entry (may or may not go with vehicle)
small dent on tailgate right below window (most people don't notice it from 10')
cd player
factory carpet mats and toyota "all weather" floor mats

for the extras:
OME/Tundra/Revtek front set-up
OME rear (coils, shocks)
2" RB bodylift
Towing package
Manual Hub Conversion using taco parts with nearly new CV unlimited newfields, warn hubs, all installed in the factory limited knuckle so you still have ABS and big brakes, also new wheels bearings when this work was done at toyota dealership.

the following is in the garage uninstalled:
-ARB compressor (purchased slightly used)
-ARB solenoids x2 (one new, one slightly used)
-front Differential with ARB locker and 5.29's (slightly used, not in mine, completely ready to bolt in after you swap over your vacuum actuator)
-rear differential with ARB locker and 5.29's (slightly used from same truck as front, ready to bolt in) both diff's have approximately 5,000 miles on them.
-Sonoran Steel Panhard Drop
-Amsoil Airfilter
-1.5" marlin crawler wheel spacers

it is currently sitting on stock limited wheels with wore out 285/75/16 trxus mt's

sitting in the garage are 5 brand new nitto terra grapplers 315/75/16 on brand new enkei rts wheels. i am going to try again to return these since they are still brand new, they mounted them and balance them and i picked them up a few weeks ago. they all have lifetime road hazard (guy said they would cover off-road hazards as well) includes lifetime balancing and rotation. i will sell them for $1400.

$13,800 with the new tires and wheels, $12,500 with the current 285's.
Pics and what are the current 285's?

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it hasn't really changed since we were at the tellico fall colors run. but i am not sure if you would remember it from there, it kinda blended in with all the other white/silver limiteds. the current tires on it are trxus m/t's they really need to be replaced which is why i bought new tires over a month ago. i was just waiting for a dead weekend to do the 3rd's and tires all at once. then i decided to sell it and get a car. i can get some pics asap. shoot me an e-mail at [email protected] and i will send them to you asap.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
should be getting the new car on monday evening. i will do my best to let anyone interested know monday night what is going on and if it will be sold. if i get the new car and there are no pending offers by next weekend i will post definite prices on all the extras and start parting it out.

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
Justin are you getting that other 4runner that we talked about? You need me to swing by and take some pics?

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nope, it wouldn't have been anymore feasible than the current 4runner and i really wanted to give the fastlane a try. so....a 2000 mustang gt with an 2004 cobra engine and 6spd tranny are in route to atlanta tonight behind my dad's truck. it should be fun, it put down nearly 460 horsepower and 500 ft/lbs of torque last weekend.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
edited top post to reflect current status and price drop!

pics are available via e-mail at [email protected] if anyone wants another opinion i could try to meet up with a local ttora guy to let them check it out for you if there are any in my area.

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
Justin Keep in touch man.. My buddies work for Mustang Services off Canton Road that will hook you up. One has a 393 stroker all motor 98 and one has 500+ hp 04 Cobra.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i'm going to see this one after dinner, my dad got back this afternoon. i am going to try to lay off of anymore performance mods for now but we'll see how long that lasts since i just bought a 4.10 gear set.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I wouldn't get a 98 with a 393 seeing that it didn't even come with a windsor motor so there's got to be alot of modification. I would love to get a 393 or 408 for my truck though :D

ATLRoach said:
Justin Keep in touch man.. My buddies work for Mustang Services off Canton Road that will hook you up. One has a 393 stroker all motor 98 and one has 500+ hp 04 Cobra.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
a neigbor of mine has a 1994 vintage lightning making about 700 horsepower. his last dyno run it made around 500 at the wheels but started running lean a little over 4000 rpms so he let out of it. it is one bad truck, made a low 11 sec pass at 4800lbs with street tires.

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
Yes the 98 has had alot of mods done to it.. It's one bad joker and Rod's cobra will put some hurting on most cars. He runs a 7.4 in the 1/8.

Also Justin, my Taco has been down graded to secondary wheeler. I'm going to pick up my new trail rig next weekend. 88.5 Sami tintop..

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ATLRoach said:
Yes the 98 has had alot of mods done to it.. It's one bad joker and Rod's cobra will put some hurting on most cars. He runs a 7.4 in the 1/8.

Also Justin, my Taco has been down graded to secondary wheeler. I'm going to pick up my new trail rig next weekend. 88.5 Sami tintop..

that sounds like fun, i have had two sammy's over the last few years and you can't beat wheeling in something you don't care about and don't have to drive to work the next day. you wouldn't believe where you can get those things if you flog it hard enough. (they float pretty well too and they will run under water for a short period, be careful when you flop it hard the engine likes to come out of the mount and it makes getting into 5th and reverse suck.)

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
bump, now has 285/75/16 bfg all terrains and is $9500 without the lockers, bodylift, and swaybar discos.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts