TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I bought my taco with the sky kit already installed, D44 auto 2.7. had 5.29 in rear, 5.38 still waiting to go in the front. So far I have removed engine, rebuilt with a brand new head casting, short block from a 1995.5, and installed it. I have a lot to go, armor, dual cases, skid, lockers etc... its on 35 toyo mt's, I like them so far but haven't wheeled it yet, waiting for dual cases so I can install trail gear skid and make up some driveshafts.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
here is when I first picked it up in seattle... just before shipping to maui. engine had a horrible knock, bearings were toasted and the exhause cam gear was not preloaded before install and was making a racket as well. shackles were super dry and creaky

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
here is the new head/rebuilt shortblock going in with my buddy, a few weeks after landing.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
engine in looking good, also installed and wired up a 2001 elocker rear with 5.29's, used LROR's DIY switch with 6 conductor trailer wire, was super easy... installed FROR JEGS manual proportioning valve, I also removed the balancing shaft chain. Screw buying the kit, just take the chain off, still got the oil squirter, removed balance shaft chain tensioner guide as well so it wouldn't bang around.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DIY shackle zerks, also a little flex shot just to see wats happening down there, still no 4wd yet. Twin sticks in transfer, 29 spline kit for rear pinion nitro gears, ordered marlin total spine 30 and top shift conversion. Got trail gear skid and long travel Teflon front shaft. ordered driveshaft tube material, .095" wall thickness form concord driveshaft out of cali.

horrible pic of zerk but its in there

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ready for work, made up some quick outside mounts for trac rack so I could keep my toolbox in the bed and still open it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
in the jungle... feeling at home

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
twin sticks in!

waiting on total spline input to do top shift conversion and dual adapter

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
FROR twin stick setup, very pleased with it so far. also trail gear skid ready painted up!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts