TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOLD

1998 Toyota Tacoma, Extended Cab, SR5 package, Impulse Red color, TRD (Toyota Racing Development package), rear electronic differential locker (works great), 2.7L, 5spd Manual Transmission (W59), 4.10 gearing, Rear plastic drop in liner. I run synthetic fluids and baby my truck when it comes to maintenance. It has 154,000 miles, it’s in good shape and runs fine. It has some scratches and rock chips here and there and a small bit of body damage behind the driver’s side door, I had planned on getting it fixed but I decided to sell it before I could get it fixed.

Modifications done to the truck:
Leer Fiberglass topper, color matching, tinted windows and sliding glass windows on the sides

Old Man EMU Dakar rear leaf springs add 2.5" lift

LCE Header

Rear Greasable shackles from Old Man Emu

2.0 RaceRunner adjustable coil-over shocks up front running at 2.25"

ARB Bull Bar Bumper

3" Body Lift (came with truck, don't like it but never given me a problem)

New Catalytic converter and New MagnaFlow Muffler

New Rotors and Brake pads in the front, brake and steering fluid flush done recently

33x12.50 Dick Cepek FC-II tires with about 15,000 miles on them

Black Rock Crawler 97 Wheels (5)

Spare is the same tire and wheel combo as on the truck

Old Man Emu rear nitro-charged shocks

E-locker skid plate

CBI bolt-on rock sliders

New Soft brake lines that are braided steel with a plastic coating

Truck Windows have tint

Both Doors have Rain Guards

Aux plug in for stereo, can plug in any MP3 player via headphone jack to Alpine CD player

Power Locks and Windows

Thule track-loc system installed onto the topper, allows feet to be locked and a roof rack to be taken on and off easily.

I have misc parts for repair and that have come off the truck that will go to the seller.

This has been a great truck for getting into the mountains and exploring. I do not use it for hardcore off-roading or rock-crawling. Let me know if you would like to see the truck or take it for a spin.

Asking price is $8,000, I have put a lot of work into this rig and would like to see it go to someone who will take care of it.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Great rig! I would love to have this, but I never drove a manual...:/ Great price I believe. I'm getting into the whole camping adventures and this seems to be a great truck to have. Man I gotta talk my parents into letting me get this!!!!!

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Great rig! I would love to have this, but I never drove a manual...:/ Great price I believe. I'm getting into the whole camping adventures and this seems to be a great truck to have. Man I gotta talk my parents into letting me get this!!!!!
Think they will buy me one too?

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh yeah, since the pics I have stripped all of the badges and painted them matte black, cause chrome sux!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They use a little here but it is in good shape. It passed the frame inspection for the buyback last year without any problems.

·
Registered
194 Posts
nice nice nice, good luck with the sell. man i wish i had an arb bumper and those sliders :(

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
nice truck, wish it was closer.

Curious as to why no gaps around bumpers with the body lift ?
I modified the frame/bumper mounts

Basically I welded some steel tubing on top of the frame and welded the bumper mount with it. It raised the bumper 3 inches to meet up with the body. I have winched on it and lifted the truck up with the bumper and it hasn't budged. I'd even bet its more stout then the way ARB has you mount it.

The bumper can still be unbolted and taken off but the mounts are welded on.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Oh yeah, since the pics I have stripped all of the badges and painted them matte black, cause chrome sux!
I was hoping to do this with my truck in the next week or so, do you have any tips to make it alittle easier and have a better end product?

Love the truck, just my style wish i was in the market! goodluck!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Call me dumb but i was under the impresion that all the TRD trucks were V6's ??

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Call me dumb but i was under the impresion that all the TRD trucks were V6's ??
You're dumb.... not really but you are mistaken, this is a 4 banger and a TRD!

The TRD didn't really have much to do with engine, more suspension, locker, and fender flairs...and that rear decal everyone wants so bad.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts