TTORA Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I appreciate any help I can get at this point. I've replaced the slave cylinder and bled the clutch, and it would work for a couple days to a week, then it would stop going into gear, although it goes into gear when it's stopped. I then figured that it must be the master cylinder. Replaced, bled, will not go into gear at all when running.

What am I overlooking?

·
Registered
280 Posts
I'll hazard a wild and mechanically uninformed guess that the clutch itself is completely blown? I had a clutch go out after a very hard shift in a Porsche and I could only get it into 2nd gear.
I can't recall if I could shift other gears when the engine was off. I was stranded and called a tow truck, but I think I couldn't access any gears but 2nd whether running or not.
It's not a helpful answer but maybe worth researching as a possibility.

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,713 Posts
What led to needing to replace the slave cylinder? Same issues? Everything sounds hydraulic related. The clutch hydraulics are notoriously difficult to properly bleed. Even with a power bleeder it took a while to get all the air out.

You'll have to check the mechanics of the clutch fork and pivot next. I've heard of a rare issue with the pivot bolt coming loose and causing problems. You could also have a bad clutch pressure plate. But all that requires dropping the transmission, so try to 100% rule out hydraulics first.

·
Registered
4,794 Posts
When stopped, and you can put it into gear, can you depress the clutch and restart in that gear? If so, then I would lean towards showstop's response, otherwise, its a new clutch.....

Bleeding the clutch, i just hemmoraged fluid at the slave to make sure that there wasn't any air.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts