TTORA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just had my SC remaned. When I got it back there was a bit of oil in the shipping container. Not to much. I noticed that when I put the SC is upside down oil can come out of the nose. Is this something I need to be worried about. It doesn't seem to leak right side up.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Mind did not leak when it was upside down. I'm gonna guess something is wrong.

Where on the nose is the leak coming from?

·
Registered
12 Posts
It's common to have a leak when brand new/remain. It should seal itself up within a couple hundred miles. Unfortunately it's also fairly common that the leak continues. Mine does it as well. I don't know who did your reman, but I'd call them up and let them know from the get go that it's leaking. They'll probably tell you to run it a few hundred miles and see.

FYI, To the right of the nose pulley is an allen key oil plug. Open that up and you can squirt in new oil every so often if need be.

Oil:
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/NAL-12345982/

·
Registered
801 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
The company that did the reman requested I send it back in for them to take care of. I will update on what they do to fix it.
My first gen SC just kinda leaks when it wants too. :rolleyes: If it's too hot or too cold predominantly. While it's off you may want to drill and tap a hole in the top of the nose cone, to the right, above the fill plug so you can add oil at a later date. I did mine and it has really hooked me up. If it's too full it just burps it up till it's right. I have seen the syringe kits they sell but I doubt you would have it with you when you most need it. How much for the rebuild? Mine's noisy but runs strong.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts