TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so this is my first fabrication project and while its not really anything special im pretty proud of getting it done. Its built out of 2"x4", 3/16th wall tubing. Its tied to the frame with 1/4" plates in the rear With a gusset on each side of it, and a piece of the tubing on each side. This thing is freaking beef! I didnt add any recovery points because i have a hitch shackle receiver. What do yall think? be honest.
[/URL][/IMG]
What it used to look like.
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
a couple mid fab
[/URL][/IMG]
My mess!
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
Sorry i didnt take any pictures of :saw: or :welder: but i just wanted to get it done! :)

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
pics didnt post, not real sure why. anyone got any ideas?

·
Registered
135 Posts
You put url tags in there

Alright so this is my first fabrication project and while its not really anything special im pretty proud of getting it done. Its built out of 2"x4", 3/16th wall tubing. Its tied to the frame with 1/4" plates in the rear With a gusset on each side of it, and a piece of the tubing on each side. This thing is freaking beef! I didnt add any recovery points because i have a hitch shackle receiver. What do yall think? be honest.

What it used to look like.

a couple mid fab

My mess!

Sorry i didnt take any pictures of :saw: or :welder: but i just wanted to get it done! :)

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just copy and paste directly from photobucket or click the little attatch photo button?
Thank you by the way.

·
Registered
296 Posts
i like the looks of it. i can't tell if it has supports on the side wings in toward the frame, but that would be good.
it think it's hilarious that your 1st pic has snow in it, but your later ones are full of palm trees and Florida plates!

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,202 Posts
i like the looks of it. i can't tell if it has supports on the side wings in toward the frame, but that would be good.
it think it's hilarious that your 1st pic has snow in it, but your later ones are full of palm trees and Florida plates!
X2, definately need some side support.

Also, does the tire hit the bumper under full flex?

·
Registered
135 Posts
just copy and paste directly from photobucket or click the little attatch photo button?
Thank you by the way.
You just need
after the image location

When you do the insert image thing it does this automatically so all you need is the image location. You can find this many ways but the easiest is to just right click and pick copy image location. Or you can right click and view image, then the location is in the address bar at the top.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
haha yea i got stationed down here with the airforce so i dont have much of an option in it. it has side supports welded to the frame, its more pieces of the 2"x4" tube the bumpers made out of. The tires do rub when i stuff them all the way, i have plenty of material left to make more caps so im just gonna chop it off a little shorter and reweld them, im sure i measured for the length on the side pieces for the long side and cut for the short side so they ended up long but o well such is life.

·
Registered
1 Posts
1st Gen Taco '03

Do you sell these and ship them out? mine is a Pre-runner 2wd and my aftermarket fenders are cut 1" below the rear tail lights so this bumper w/out the side rails (of course including the 2" hitch mount) would be awesome - is this a possibility to get made?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
6 Participants
siktaco928
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing