TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm pretty new here, and it looks like everyone gets butt hurt when a new thread is started about a topic which already has many threads about it, but I'm going to do it anyways as I haven't found a definite answer to my question.

I'm in the process of converting my 99 Prerunner to 5 speed 4x4. Original idea right?

Well I've stumbled across a 1996 4Runner that's relatively close that has all the parts I'd need to do said conversion for $850. I've read somewhere on one of the many forums that 3rd gen 4runner parts transfer over to 1st gen Tacomas such as my own.

Can anyone confirm this before I buy the 4Runner. Are there any parts that won't transfer over? I'd really appreciate the input. Also if anyone has any tips or tricks for this conversion feel free to share your wisdom. Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I don't know if anyone even looked at this but I have acquired all of the needed parts and will be starting a 4x4 manual conversion build post.

·
Registered
15 Posts
yes you can use 4runner parts in your prerunner. if it's a v6 to v6 everything will swap over. if its a 4cyl to v6 you will have to modify your crossmember if yours is 4cyl.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts