TTORA Forum banner

1st Gen Taco Rear Leaf question

3K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  DHwreckage 
#1 ·
Hey guys im putting on some new All-Pro leafs in hte next week or two and i wanted to know if anyone knew the size of the front eye bolt that is needed seeing as ill probably have to cut the stock one out? I Bought some Grade 8 9/16x4.5" bolts and lock washers but i just want to double check so see that they ar ethe correct size! Thanks!

#2 ·
im curious about this too, last night was putting on my new OME dakars and the drivers side front eye bolt was seized to the metal sleeve inside the bushing, even tried to burn the bushing out and heat up the sleeve and it didnt work, looks like im gonna have to cut the bolt and get a new one. if it wasnt for the tank being in the way it wouldnt be that big of a deal.

#6 ·
Well my problem is that I can't get a hammer on the thread end of the bolt to get it out like I did to all the other ones because the tank is in the way. So I plan on just cutting the head of the bolt off and then pounding the bolt through towards the gas thank to get the sucker loose, the front eye bolt on the other side was a pain to get out and was rust colored when I finally got it out. I'm going to put some anti seize on the bolts that I put back in.

#7 ·
allright so for future reference i just got off the phone with all-pro and 9/16th (aka 14mm)x4.5" are the stock size and the size for all leafs but if your using AP leafs you can push out the metal bushings from the leafs and use 18mm bolts too! but 9/16thsx4.5 grade 8 bolts should do the trick!

#10 ·
i got my grade 8 bolts, nuts and lock washers from the harware store for around 4 bucks .....screw $31.99 plus shipping!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.