1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well got the rear bumper 90% built today

It is a high clearance bumper.

Things that did not get finished are:

D-Ring Tabs, license plate Lights, Back up lights and tub running from the sides of the bumper to the frame

Started with tacking mounts on using some angle:

Plasma cutting:

First cut with a shitty tip:

second cut with good tip and we smoothed the surface:

Left side good cut, right side bad cut:

Taking shape after some more plasma:

Body cuts:
http://s103.photobucket.com/user/jakesteads/media/5FF2A8D8-B916-4C41-933B-C05624BF4360.jpg.html?o=5

Welds

Its on:

Let me know what you think. It cost about $90 in metal and 40 in beer pizza and welding supply's

:welder:

·
Registered
215 Posts
How about a hidden reciever hitch behind the license plate. Get an old Oldsmobile/Caddy license plate mount on spring hinges so it flips up to reveal the hitch.
That's the setup on mine, built by AJ at bentup.com, now out of businness unfortunately.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How about a hidden reciever hitch behind the license plate. Get an old Oldsmobile/Caddy license plate mount on spring hinges so it flips up to reveal the hitch.
That's the setup on mine, built by AJ at bentup.com, now out of businness unfortunately.
good idea... i was just gonna put the hitch below but i like that idea.

·
Registered
215 Posts
good idea... i was just gonna put the hitch below but i like that idea.
It works great. On mine the license plate assembly (the old spring mounts have a steel plate the license mounts to), rests atop the ball when the ball is inserted. So of course you can't drive with just the ball in and no trailer as the plate would not be visible.

If any pics would help let me know.

Only other regret on mine is not getting some 2.5" holes with expanded sheet covering for two 50W backup lights. I've been meaning to get around to it forever now.

Also, don't forget the license plate light. Get yerself pulled over without it.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It works great. On mine the license plate assembly (the old spring mounts have a steel plate the license mounts to), rests atop the ball when the ball is inserted. So of course you can't drive with just the ball in and no trailer as the plate would not be visible.

If any pics would help let me know.

Only other regret on mine is not getting some 2.5" holes with expanded sheet covering for two 50W backup lights. I've been meaning to get around to it forever now.

Also, don't forget the license plate light. Get yerself pulled over without it.

ya man post some pics I'm interested... i might stop by the junk yard and search

1 - 8 of 8 Posts