TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i installed the warn m8000 on my all pro front bumper last night. (2004 tacoma). took me a while to figure out what to do with the soleonoid. still dont have a good spot yet, but its secure where it is. the winch is awesome, its got lots and lots of ass. i love the way it looks on there. i have ome882 coils up front with 285/75/16 tires. the tires are near bald with the wear bars connecting in some places. they never used to rub, not 24 hours after having the winch installed they rub when turning and hitting a bump, ie out of a parking lot etc. they dont rub when driving tho. i did have 33x1150r16 nittos on there which were my buddys, ther was no chance in hell those would work so i gave them back to him before the install. im ordering new tires this coming week and am trying to figure out what size. i think im leaning somewhere towards a 265/75/16 because of the size and lack of rubbing. also i think im going to get the bilstein front adjustable struts, move then up to the middle level to make the truck even. anybody ever ran a setup like mine, suggestions on lift or tire size? also solenoid placement. any pics would be tons of help.

thanks a lot

and no, i dont want coilovers. i dont jump, i dont race, i wheel

·
"Terry Tate"
3,511 Posts
you could convert the winch cable to synthetic rope. I know it's more expensive but it does weigh alot less than the cable and is alot safer. OME also makes "trim packers" that are basically rings that sit between the coil and the coil plate and the strut. this will give you a little bit of your height back. That's what I did on mine way back when I had your same setup. Lat I saw they were about $8 each. I had 3 on the driver side and 2 on the passenger side. I think I got mine from wheelersoffroad.com. Your other option is to trim the fenders. Hope that helps a little bit.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the fenders are trimmed, its rubbing on the pinch weld area. i previously did the pinchweld mod and trimmed as much as possible. i know going smaller tires would help. my front struts are shot as it is, there origanal at 105,000. i didnt replace them when i did the coils. do you think that the adjustable struts would provide a good ride with the 882's?? also do you think the 265/75/16 tires would look to small. they convert to a 31.4x10.4r16. kinda small, but if it works it works. i just dont want then to look too small on the truck. i just installed the winch last night, i do plan on going synthetic in the near future, but not yet. im giong to use the cable at least a few times first. its brand spanking new.

·
Registered
364 Posts
putting the bilstiens and ome coils is just stacking two lifts together.... i'd get the OME N91S Tacoma "Standard" Front Shock and put your coils on them...thats my .02

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i guess im going to go ahead and order the trim packers. but what about tire size. 265/75/16 seems like a good bet. but iwant to see pictures of somebody running that same size

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
i guess im going to go ahead and order the trim packers. but what about tire size. 265/75/16 seems like a good bet. but iwant to see pictures of somebody running that same size
They look good on the truck but I think you would benefit more with a true 33" tire rather than those 32.5" tires. I ran that size albeit on the late model Tacoma and I was hanging up my rear pumpkin on shit where the guys with teh 285s breezed right through. Another good compromise is 255/85/16 they're a taller tire than the 285s but they air down close to stock size and have been great on the trail for me so far. You only run trim packer on the driver's side to compensate for Taco lean.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
also solenoid placement. any pics would be tons of help.

thanks a lot

and no, i dont want coilovers. i dont jump, i dont race, i wheel
This may be of little help to you since I have a 98' w/ no ABS and a 4 banger, but I'm posting it anyway.:D

Who said you have to race or jump to make good use of C/O's?

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
you dont have to race or jump to have CO's, i just dont want to throw down 600+ dollars for some when ome coils ride amazing as it is. i have been searching for days and finally found some pics of trucks with pretty much the same setup as mine, with the 265/75s. they look good. im not too worried about hanging up on anything. i dont want to mount my solenoid under my hood..i think i found a way to fit a bracket in the bumper to make it work. thanks for the help anyways. if anybody has pics still post them with tires and solenoid mounting. ideas are everythere and it only takes one quick look to change your mind completly. as for the trim packers, i dont think my truck has a "taco lean" on the drivers side. i think im just going to get them for both sides. one for each. 10mm should be enough seeing as how it only sagged about a quarter to half inch with the winch.. so far....:rolleyes:. im stuck between the bfg all terrains and the trxus mts. i have mickey thompson mtz now. i love the aggressive tread but i also think the at's look really good on the taco. hmmm:confused:

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the area i go wheeling at is my friends farm. so we do whatever we want, he has 300 acres of trails. i would never do that at an offroad park...

·
Registered
398 Posts
265/75r16 BGF kms are 31.9" in height. FWIW You might want to get the OME 10mm lift enhancers this will give you a boost of almost 1/2 inch. that warn added quite a few lbs to your nose . You might mount the soloniod pac somewhere behind the front axel and swithch to a synthetic line. to shave a few pounds off your nose. if you wheel you might want to do all that before going down in tire sizes. personally I would.

if you cant take the trail make your own.
You might want to reconsider this way of thinking before the treenuts in office close even more of the trails we have left.

·
Registered
398 Posts
the area i go wheeling at is my friends farm. so we do whatever we want, he has 300 acres of trails. i would never do that at an offroad park...
Off road park ?

you mean like this

this ?

this

or this

its about private lands as well as off road parks to be sure. but its also about millions of square miles of land that belongs to the citizens of this nation. And the rights to access that land via motorized and mechanized transportation. Rights that are being diminished as we speak by misguided and self serving intrests that number only a fraction of the number of potential public users, recreational or otherwise.

unless we change our way of thinking and try to enlighten sensibly minded individuals we will lose the ability to personally gaze upon huge expanses of undescribable beauty contained within this nations open spaces.

it would be unforgivable for us to lose access to places like these...

or these..

for ourselves and for our childrens childrens children.

:2cents:

timmer

·
Registered
412 Posts
I run 285's with an OME suspension. Trim packer (1) on the driver's side, 10mm spacers, solenoid in the engine compartment in the same location as pictured earlier, and synthetic line on my winch. Did the PWM and have slight frame rub on the passenger-side frame. I have no complaints.

x2 with what remmit said. It's a privelidge not a right.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
like i said, i dont go wheeling anywhere but my buddys farm. which HIS family owns. he does what he wants there. you guys are getting all bent out of shape about this when i have done nothing wrong. i just wanted pictures of trucks with those size tires but the only ones i got were pics of trails out in the midwest to west coast area. i live in nothern va. and im all about saving the land too and fighting to keep it beautiful. i respect it.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
so what did you just extend the wires from the solenoid to the actual winch? and it doesnt have to be the same setup, just a truck with 265/75 with a moderate lift would be nice. i dont care what kinda lift it is. just looking for some incent here.

and im all about respecting the land just like you guys. and i wouldnt ever do anything to jeopardize that. thats why i said i do it at my friends farm, and i usually never even have to do that..its nothing major. so dont get all offended thinking im ruining everybodys chances with keeping the land cuz im not. i never would. :)

·
Registered
398 Posts
1 - 20 of 59 Posts