TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to decide if I should go with 2.0" dia. or 2.5" dia. SAWs. I'm concerned that the 2.5" shocks might be a little stiff, but at the same time I like to beat the hell out of my truck. I'm a '97 regular cab with an open dif. so I have to hit things pretty hard sometimes in order to make it up. I do plan on getting an ARB, but it will be a while down the road. Any suggestions on which I should go for? Was considering getting the Camburg upper A-arms as well.

Thanks,

Pat

·
Registered
551 Posts
the diff. between the 2.0 and 2.5's is only the diameter and coils. I believe the 2.0 coils are rated at 675# and the 2.5 at 650# therefor making the 2.5 actually smoother or less stiff. If you are going to spring for the 2.5's, then spend $150 more and get the Hoes. You will get MUCH better customer service than SAW will ever give you and as far as I have read on this forum, you will not regret it. The 2.0's are stiff, but if you are getting an ARB, then maybe that is the way to go. do some searching around here before someone lays into you about how many times this question has been asked on this forum. but to wrap it up, if you have the $ get a 2.5 dia. coilover.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Portman is right about if having the greenbacks spring for the 2.5 but on other hand depending how hard u really wheel will decide on what to get as well. I have 2.0s, newly installed, and love them. The hoes are also a good invesment, IMHO u can't go wrong either way, 2.5/2.0 saws or hoes etc. If u are looking to upgrade without changing out UCAs and etc. then roll with the 2.0 SAWS but do some searching on here you'll find what you need. Just my :2cents:

·
Registered
279 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts