TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the pics I have....

This is the start of the day...

on the road again to the next trail this one was closed....

Estes

Waiting for the okay and the second trail....

On the road again as the second trail was closed...off the the third trail

Finally on the trail the third one at least lol...

DAMN TIRE....

Thank god for sunroofs....

Waiting...

Waiting cause the electrical problems occured....

BULL SHITTING...

Why arent all those guys helping instead of BS...

Dog...

The first bumper trail damage...

The blown brake line...we learned alot..this trip...if we payed attention..

This is all I have sorry guys....I wanna see more? anybody....I know Scott TACOBLANCO wanted to know if anyone got a pic of him up and the HUGE rock?

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
lol yeah i dont think i have ever really met ya...
Yes you have. He put the first carnage on your 4 runner in fact when he drove it through that obstacle that you couldn't make it through on your first trail run.

And you went 3 wheelin'? No way... Haha...doesn't look like it took much... But that's okay. Nice pics.

EDIT: Oh, that's not you...nevermind.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes you have. He put the first carnage on your 4 runner in fact when he drove it through that obstacle that you couldn't make it through on your first trail run.

And you went 3 wheelin'? No way... Haha...doesn't look like it took much... But that's okay. Nice pics.

EDIT: Oh, that's not you...nevermind.
lol oh yeah lol...oops..blonde moment and that wasnt my first one it was my second one remember Kyle my first one was with Ben, you, the black taco (name loss?), and we met Ric....DUH...lol jk

oh and i didnt have to many issues this time lol...

·
Registered
828 Posts
Looks like fun despite the breakdowns.

Where's all the snow though? I know the Metro area got jack shit the last few days but i thought the foothills managed to get several inches, looks pretty bare.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Looks like fun. Lots of questions....

What trails were gated shut? Seasonal?
What happened with Bob's FJ?
Was there another truck with the hood open?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hey sam, i did get a picture of TacoBlanco on the big rock, and kyle that was me three-wheelin lol. Ill get some pics up today. I have some videos as well.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Fun trip, good to meet some new faces, it was a great day to be out wheelin. Actually, this trip could be considered a M&G with all the down time we had:p OB's is the shit, great burgers and beer. Sam, I can't believe you put a scratch on your new bumper:eek:.......:D

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
I had a great time regardless of all the breakage and trail closures. Thanks to everyone for making it out. Eric Sorry we never got to finish our discussion about WFTW but I'll get on the WFTW site...

·
Registered
15,034 Posts

What trails were gated shut? Seasonal?
Was there another truck with the hood open?
All the entrances to Johnny Park/Pierson Park

Electrical issue. Shorted out a big feed from the battery, and then grounding issue. Fortunately, it was relatively easy to diagnose and correct...when I first heard the call on the radio, I thought it was Eric's FJ Cruiser - which would have been considerably more difficult to fix!

Ike broke a hard brake line.

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Jay, I assume you didn't call the boulder rangers district and give them an earful since your CV was out. Anyone want to call them and fins out why thry said the gates would be open on Saturday and then sunday they were closed??

·
Registered
6,489 Posts
well i didnt check last night but just got on the website and its listed as open. so i called the ranger district and left a stern message that "Cottora had planned to run that trail since it was listed as open but went to all gates only to find them closed."

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Thanks Jay. Lets check that website again this week and see if they updated the web. That is just rediculous that they have a website for something like that and don't keep it updated! (They should take it down if they can't update it - and that we we just have to call)

*sigh* I don't want to be too hard on them though. Those agencies have no money...

·
Registered
120 Posts

Late night wiring job turned problematic. Winch switch power cable grounded out on fender, then the fuse block would not ground in the cab (NO ignition, lights, heater etc.) Brian grounded the firewall to the neg terminal and Viola' ! Engine could start and run.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts