TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys with 2.2 pullies.... how much of a difference is it? Is the mid range wicked? Was it worth it?

Water injection is a great concept and Aquamist is a great product. But most guys with run WI have must faster car with much higher boost. The cooling and cleaning effect WI is awesome but we are not going to get any more hp out of our truck with the TRD Supercharger with a stock engine. I think 240 to 250 rwhp is the limit if you want a safe, dependable truck. I guess the most benefit for us running aquamist is not necessarily increased horsepower but increased engine efficiency? Is this a correct statement?

Any input would be great. Thanks.

Jim

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a 2.2 Pulley and yes it makes a big difference due to the fact that you get into boost with less psuh of the throttle and thus having alot more low end.
WI is recommended with the 2.2 pulley just becuae the M90 S/C we have starts to blow alot hotter air and will increase chances of knock and the hotter air is less dense so you loose HP. With the WI and 2.2 pulley you can get a smoother running engine and more HP then if you didnt have it. Reasons being that your ecu/you dont have to retard so much timing to prvent knock and that also puts back the power that the 2.2 pulley was supposed to achieve.
With the stock 7.5psi i was running 232whp untuned (prob 240ish with a better WOT tune)
The 2.2- 9.5 should give you around another 10-20whp (if the theory of 1psi = 10whp applies)
So WI can BRING BACK the hp that was lost from the heat and timing retard and improve the engine's efficiency.

Hope this helps!
-Johnny
www.Sea2Skytuning.com

·
Registered
53 Posts
I think the WI also prevents the timing map from retarding too far. With the smaller pulleys, i ping much much more, which is eliminated with the WI. Also, if you can apply some advance with your setup, you can get even more out of the WI . . .

i'm pretty happy with my setup

creed

·
Registered
239 Posts
thats what i am running.

the pully makes a big diference! as the belt wears into the new pully it starts geting even more boost. the problem i'm having now is slipping the belt on the crank not the 2.2" i have a manual tentioner and i have to run it really tight. at high RPM the boost is droping off, i'm not sure if its the belt slipping or intake restriction.
The water just alows you to get some timing back.

·
Registered
239 Posts
just for kicks the other day i did a brake stand!
it shifted into 2nd and kept going, it was smoking the tires (35") at about 40MPH
there ar 2 holes in the asphalt in the parking lot now!
so i guess the fuel mod and water inj. are working!!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Dylan,

Have you ever had your truck Dyno'd?

Robert

·
Registered
203 Posts
DylanDr said:
just for kicks the other day i did a brake stand!
it shifted into 2nd and kept going, it was smoking the tires (35") at about 40MPH
there ar 2 holes in the asphalt in the parking lot now!
so i guess the fuel mod and water inj. are working!!
What kind of clutch do you have? It must be strong to withstand that.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I think he was referring to his D-cab, which has an auto.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
creed said:
I think the WI also prevents the timing map from retarding too far. With the smaller pulleys, i ping much much more, which is eliminated with the WI. Also, if you can apply some advance with your setup, you can get even more out of the WI . . .

i'm pretty happy with my setup

creed
Creed,

Just got my aquamist. The instructions seem pretty straight forward. Any pointers? Where did you mount your water pump?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
DylanDr said:
thats what i am running.

the pully makes a big diference! as the belt wears into the new pully it starts geting even more boost. the problem i'm having now is slipping the belt on the crank not the 2.2" i have a manual tentioner and i have to run it really tight. at high RPM the boost is droping off, i'm not sure if its the belt slipping or intake restriction.
The water just alows you to get some timing back.
Dylan,

Where did you mount your aquamist water pump?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts