TTORA Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys I would like to run dual exhaust mostly for looks. How much performance will i actually loose by goin with 2.25? Or will I? And can I gain it back by putting more mods on the motor?

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
from what i have read, you will lose low-end torque using that setup, not enough back pressure...but i'm not an expert in this subject, so what do i know for sure that's if you run two pipes, if you run the y out of the single, you might not.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oops sorry its the 3.4 v6 and ya the muffler with a single inlet to a single outlet sounds like a good idea and then Y it off from there i guess that might solve the problem.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I would keep it simple single 2.5 in dual 2.25 out muffler. Thats what I have dont know if I gained or loss power feels the same just louder. Keep in mine that if you are goning straight out the back by the time your pipe bender gets done you will gain back the back pressure. I also got a smaller spare 215/15/65 so I have a spare and duals and you can always add mods. Throw a S/C on with some fuel mods and then a smaller pulley then WI and so on and so on. What year truck what model? If you want realy simple keep the factory muffler and y it. The only thing you will need to watch for is the weight valve setup for the rear brakes. On the lift it looked ok but when we put it back on the ground it was rubbing. My fix was easy just gave me an ecuse to raise the truck 2"s
Mark

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.