TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if a 2004 auto tranny would work in my 1995.5 tacoma. Both are 2.7L engines. I was worried about the electronics not being compatible. If anyone has some info on this, please enlighten me.

·
I LIVE FOR THIS
1,700 Posts
Does anyone know if a 2004 auto tranny would work in my 1995.5 tacoma. Both are 2.7L engines. I was worried about the electronics not being compatible. If anyone has some info on this, please enlighten me.
How many miles on the original?

·
Going John Galt
31,846 Posts

there will be computor issues, I believe. you may have to swap more than must the tranny to make it work.

·
Registered
773 Posts
there is 115,000 miles on the original automatic transmission
I don't think it will work. I know on the later 3.4 auto's they're different due for a few reasons (ex.drive by wire). On car-part.com you can enter the year of your truck and it will perform a search on transmissions that are compatible with that model year.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks kaneman. I did know about checking out car-part and their data base is pretty good except it tends to differentiate parts with minor changes in model years that would actually work with easy modifications. I know in some applications these changes require extensive modifications to make the different parts work, but some are as simple as a change in a through bolt hole size. Anyways, thanks again.
For future info, after lots of research I have concluded that only up to 2000 the transmissions are compatable without major wiring harness changes and a new ECU. I'll let everyone know if this information is accurate as soon as I get into putting the 2000 tranny I picked up into my 1995.5

1 - 8 of 8 Posts