TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have a 2.7L and i wanted a nice deep sound, i just completed the deckplate mod and i LOVE the new sound of it... I still would like to do exhaust though... will a 4 cyl really sound good with exhaust? has any one out there done this? Do you have any sound clips by any weird chance? lol. Anyways i wanted to thank all of yall for the help you have given me...
brian

·
Registered
485 Posts
I have a downey header and magnaflow muffler on my 4cyl. Sounds great, not raspy or obnoxious.

·
always a Toyota lover at heart
1,114 Posts
MTNFRK, posted about a deal NWOR was having
look for the post, i will try to find the link

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys, i will look into those, i appreciate yalls help..
brian

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm getting a Xcelerator muffler installed this weekend I had one on my other truck and I was real happy with it, it got a little loud on the expressway but not too bad

·
Registered
369 Posts
I have custom duals with a single inlet dual outlet turbo muffler its like a flow master but cheaper and it sounds good. I believe I have 2 1/4" pipe. I will be adding a header and replaces a muffler soon. I have broke my 3rd muffler now. Anyone experencing exhaust leaks around the exhaust manifold. I have a bad one and a broke muffler so my truck sounds like crap right now. But sounded great before all this developed

·
Registered
145 Posts
i have the same truck with a flowmaster 40 series muffler and 3" dual pipes, it sounds good.

·
Registered
207 Posts
i have 3 friends, all with tacomas, one with a 6 cylinder, and 2 with 4 cylinders. they all got together and cut everything off about a foot behind the cat. sounds good and deep. it surprised me how mellow they sounded. once the get to about 4000 rpms, it get real loud. under that, i love it. but then again, i don't like em to loud, just with little rumble. let me know how it goes with your exhaust. i don't really want to cut all my stuff off.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts