TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know if they make or will be making a TRD supercharger for the newer 2.7s? looking for one thats trd so i can keep my warranty. do they make any lift kits? i have a 100k bumper to bumper and i don't want to void that but would like more power. my dealer is a bunch of idiots and doesn't know anything so any help would be grate.

·
Going John Galt
31,844 Posts
does anyone know if they make or will be making a TRD supercharger for the newer 2.7s? looking for one thats trd so i can keep my warranty. do they make any lift kits? i have a 100k bumper to bumper and i don't want to void that but would like more power. my dealer is a bunch of idiots and doesn't know anything so any help would be grate.
http://www.urdusa.com/

TRD got out of the 2.7 SC market many years ago. Alpine (original 2.7 SC maker for TRD) is the only mfg now.

·
Administrator
18,290 Posts
http://www.urdusa.com/

TRD got out of the 2.7 SC market many years ago. Alpine (original 2.7 SC maker for TRD) is the only mfg now.
And LC Engineering is the exclusive US distributor for Alpine, not URD. But since this was posted in the Late Tacoma section, I assume like Jacque did, that this is for the 2TRFE engine, not the earlier model 3RZFE engine.

Alpine offers a SC for the 3RZFE and according to their website they also offer one for the 2TRFE engine. However I'm not sure if it is compatible with US vehicles at this time.
http://www.alpine-developments.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=60:toyota-27-vvti-super-charger-kit&catid=36:toyota&Itemid=73

·
Going John Galt
31,844 Posts

·
Administrator
18,290 Posts

·
Going John Galt
31,844 Posts
Since the Alpine and URD kits are basically identical core components, I'm assuming the URD kit is the Alpine kit with their own typical add-ons.
that's what it looks like...they both use the same base SC unit.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well that sucks. what can i do to get a little more power out of it? what would be the best reasonably priced lift kit? (3in)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
also my speedo is off by 5-7mph at 70-80mph anyway to fix this? my dealer says no but i have a 100k warranty and i don't like that thought that when i hit 100k I'm really only at 92k or something...

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Swap in a 3.4 or 4.0....

There really are no good mods for the 2.7, as it is really very efficient stock. I shaved some off the heads and port matched them when I changed the head gasket and it helped some, but the cost vs power gains on the Supercharger sucks. And don't even consider those "power chips"...they don't do a damn thing.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
18,290 Posts
also my speedo is off by 5-7mph at 70-80mph anyway to fix this? my dealer says no but i have a 100k warranty and i don't like that thought that when i hit 100k I'm really only at 92k or something...
A Dakota Digital or Superlift speedo correction box will allow you to fine tune your VSS signal.

·
Going John Galt
31,844 Posts
well that sucks. what can i do to get a little more power out of it? what would be the best reasonably priced lift kit? (3in)
nothing, frankly. Even adding a header and CAI (cold air intake) won't give much in gains. The only ways to seriously improve power with the 2.7 is the SC or 'build' it from the crank up. Neither solution is cheap by any stretch of the imagination.

If you are adding taller than stock tires you'll need to re-gear to get anywhere close to stock power back. Even then it will never be the same.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
turbo maybe? would be expensive though.
Yes it would be expensive. But the biggest problem with any type of power adder is that the ECU is not tunable, so you have to use a standalone fuel management system or a piggy back unit that alters the MAF sensor readings to fool the ECU. You also have to add more fuel, so bigger injectors and pumps. It is very difficult to do properly with a computer that can't be tuned...

·
Going John Galt
31,844 Posts
Yes it would be expensive. But the biggest problem with any type of power adder is that the ECU is not tunable, so you have to use a standalone fuel management system or a piggy back unit that alters the MAF sensor readings to fool the ECU. You also have to add more fuel, so bigger injectors and pumps. It is very difficult to do properly with a computer that can't be tuned...

you are such a buzz-kill, sheesh.

quit trying to confuse people with facts...

·
Registered
1,943 Posts

Meh the URD kit includes all that, but for the price you could have an LS motor.

·
Going John Galt
31,844 Posts
Meh the URD kit includes all that, but for the price you could have an LS motor.
LOL, true...well, you could get the motor for that price. Installing it and making it work are another subject :p

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
5 grand to get 248 HP....no thanks. If you do it yourself, you could do a V8 swap for half that or less. Mullet motors are a dime a dozen. But I'd do a 3.4 or 4.0 swap first or better yet, a Lexus V8

·
Going John Galt
31,844 Posts
5 grand to get 248 HP....no thanks. If you do it yourself, you could do a V8 swap for half that or less. Mullet motors are a dime a dozen. But I'd do a 3.4 or 4.0 swap first or better yet, a Lexus V8

LCE can build you a 2.7 to near 1000hp... $$$$$ ;)

·
Registered
422 Posts
Guys thats 248rwp, thats the same as a 3.4 with s/c, urd kit, intake and exhaust, or a 4.0 with ecu and all boltons, doing either of those options is easy 5g's....

1 - 20 of 27 Posts