TTORA Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Guys thats 248rwp, thats the same as a 3.4 with s/c, urd kit, intake and exhaust, or a 4.0 with ecu and all boltons, doing either of those options is easy 5g's....
Or, if you have the skill to do an engine swap, you can stuff a 1uz-fe in there for 300 flywheel HP and more importantly - 310 lb/ft tq. It could be done for about half the price of forced induction on a 2.7/3.4 with no messing with tuning. The 3.4 URD kits have come a long way, but people still complain about having to endlessly mess with them to get them running right. And you don't hear anything about the 2.7 kits because very few people use them. I agree that both motors are great powerplants, and can be built to make good power, but if you are going to put that much money into something that you want serious power from, then I'd rather start with a motor that is built for it from the beginning. You cant argue with 6 bolt Mains and a motor that was designed for CART racing. Put a huffer on that and you have a real monster that you can set a full cup of coffee on and rev to the redline without spilling a drop.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

·
Registered
422 Posts
Or, if you have the skill to do an engine swap, you can stuff a 1uz-fe in there for 300 flywheel HP and more importantly - 310 lb/ft tq. It could be done for about half the price of forced induction on a 2.7/3.4 with no messing with tuning. The 3.4 URD kits have come a long way, but people still complain about having to endlessly mess with them to get them running right. And you don't hear anything about the 2.7 kits because very few people use them. I agree that both motors are great powerplants, and can be built to make good power, but if you are going to put that much money into something that you want serious power from, then I'd rather start with a motor that is built for it from the beginning. You cant argue with 6 bolt Mains and a motor that was designed for CART racing. Put a huffer on that and you have a real monster that you can set a full cup of coffee on and rev to the redline without spilling a drop.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
Here is a dyno from a 1uzfe swapped 4runner...

149kW at the rear wheels, or 200rwhp.... nothing to write home about...
here is a modified one 250rwhp.... http://tunedbypsi.com/blog-entry.php?On-The-Dyno-1UZ-powered-Toyota-Corona-351

But i do understand your point! 1uz is barely trying to make those numbers, the 2tr/3rz/5vz, not so much!

·
Registered
5 Posts
2.7 supercharger... brilliant.
You know the price difference between a 2.7 and 4.0 is only $450?
That is not a typo. FOUR HUNDRED FIFTY DOLLARS.

If you wanted more power, you should have bought the 4.0, 236 hp vs 159.

I bought a 2.7 because I wanted the 25% fuel savings and have zero interest in the extra power. If you want more power, there is NOTHING cheaper than selecting the bigger engine. Its less than $6/hp.

The TRD supercharger (v6 only) is $4500 for 68 hp.
That's over $66/hp!!!

Toyota offers THREE engine power configurations;
159 hp
236 hp +$450, 77 hp
304 hp +450+4500, 68 hp

... but apparently your dealer is a bunch of idiots.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
my truck was a demo truck the 4.0 was nowhere close to only being $450 difference. my dealer IS run by retards and the service is even worse. so if i was paying list i would have got the 4.0 only asked because when i asked my dealer they said ." ah yeah... yeah i think we do" and i mod everything i own so i thought i would look into it. but i don't need it to be fast... have a turbo hayabusa for that.

·
Registered
422 Posts

I bought a 2.7 because I wanted the 25% fuel savings and have zero interest in the extra power. If you want more power, there is NOTHING cheaper than selecting the bigger engine. Its less than $6/hp.

That's over $66/hp!!!

159 hp
236 hp +$450, 77 hp
304 hp +450+4500, 68 hp

2tr gets 25 mpg in a double cab 4x4?

·
Registered
1,943 Posts

That's over $66/hp!!!

159 hp
236 hp +$450, 77 hp
304 hp +450+4500, 68 hp

Ya but your completely SOL if you want a reg cab with a V6.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Old thread bbuuuutttt. I just boght an 09 base reg cab 5 spd 4×4 on 35s and dream of supercharging that 2.7. Isnt there somethin to be said about keeping a light truck light by supercharging the 4 banger instead of adding a heavier block?

21 - 27 of 27 Posts