TTORA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
Why did you post this in multiple threads? Damn noobies. And search as well this has been covered a bazillion times.

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
Uhoh we got a hostile one here. Big bad guy on the keyboard, I am shacking.
Get over it or find somewhere else to be a douche bag. We lived with out you before and we will continue on still.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Uhoh we got a hostile one here. Big bad guy on the keyboard, I am shacking.
Get over it or find somewhere else to be a douche bag. We lived with out you before and we will continue on still.
haha i dont knwo if noticed or not but ur also behind a keyboard dumb shit
and we also were doin fine with out you in this thread what you said was fukin pointless there was no need for you

·
Registered
854 Posts
As far as I'm concerned, you're wanting the answer to many different questions. Performance-wise, the 3.4 V6 is going to be faster, put out 40 more horses, and have more ft. lbs. of torque. If reliability is what you're after, then go with the 2.7L inline 4 cyl. If you know anything about Toyota 4 cyl engines, you know that the 2.7L found in today's Tacoma's from '95.5 to '07 is the evolution of the 22R series, which anyone knows was a legendary high-mileage engine. For example, one characteristic of the 2.7L is a dual timing chain set, and as for the 3.4L V6, a timing belt that needs to be replaced at 90k. For reliability, I personally wouldn't trade my 2.7L for any other Toyota engine period! Chris (Valkrie) can vouche for the same thing. I'd say go with the 2.7L. You'll be glad you did! :D

·
Registered
530 Posts
As far as I'm concerned, you're wanting the answer to many different questions. Performance-wise, the 3.4 V6 is going to be faster, put out 40 more horses, and have more ft. lbs. of torque. If reliability is what you're after, then go with the 2.7L inline 4 cyl. If you know anything about Toyota 4 cyl engines, you know that the 2.7L found in today's Tacoma's from '95.5 to '07 is the evolution of the 22R series, which anyone knows was a legendary high-mileage engine. For example, one characteristic of the 2.7L is a dual timing chain set, and as for the 3.4L V6, a timing belt that needs to be replaced at 90k. For reliability, I personally wouldn't trade my 2.7L for any other Toyota engine period! Chris (Valkrie) can vouche for the same thing. I'd say go with the 2.7L. You'll be glad you did! :D

X2

I've had much better luck and gas mileage from the 2.7 than the 3.4,don't get me wrong the 3.4 is a good engine,but IMO not as Reliable as the 2.7.

·
Going John Galt
31,846 Posts
which is the better engine? as far as depedability, power, upgrades, gas. ohh yeah and im looin to get a 5 speed so wich engine is better with a manuel tranny???
If you plan on modding the truck with anything taller than a 33" tire then don't bother with the 2.7. The gas mileage goes down to about what the v6 gets with about half the power...or so it seems...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If you plan on modding the truck with anything taller than a 33" tire then don't bother with the 2.7. The gas mileage goes down to about what the v6 gets with about half the power...or so it seems...
i might just buy one and then trade it in if i dont like it ill just try the 3.4 litre first because i heard they have a better resell value...Well i was also wondering i saw a picture of a twin turbo and a super charger on the 2.7 and i clicked the link oin the post and i read the article and it said sumthin like 800 horses. is that true??

·
Going John Galt
31,846 Posts
i might just buy one and then trade it in if i dont like it ill just try the 3.4 litre first because i heard they have a better resell value...Well i was also wondering i saw a picture of a twin turbo and a super charger on the 2.7 and i clicked the link oin the post and i read the article and it said sumthin like 800 horses. is that true??
sure, you can build a 4-banger to pump out nearly 1000hp but it will cost major bucks...probably in the $50k range if done right.

the SC for the 2.7 Taco motor will run around $3500 with fuel mods, etc. and gain 50hp.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
sure, you can build a 4-banger to pump out nearly 1000hp but it will cost major bucks...probably in the $50k range if done right.

the SC for the 2.7 Taco motor will run around $3500 with fuel mods, etc. and gain 50hp.
Why do that when you get the 3.4 for like 1k more retail. Then pump that fucker up with the SC and the fuel. Bottom line. If you want more power than go 3.4. I think it is stupid to drop $ to make the 2.7 the same power as the 3.4.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
3.4 all the way, turns my 33's with the stock 4.10's way better than i thought! i think it actually drives better as far a rpms!!!
Mike

·
Registered
854 Posts
X2

don't get me wrong the 3.4 is a good engine,but IMO not as Reliable as the 2.7.
That's a no-brainer, but apparently the original poster is more concerned with horsepower and speed. Maybe he should go to custom tacos and race his truck over there? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
which will get you back to the 3.4L hp rating...get the 3.4

1 - 20 of 70 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.