TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got it installed and my truck wouldn't shift. The lever was hitting the
metal bracket that goes around the rubber boot. The bracket could be modifed but I think I would have to hack out the whole center section and the rubber boot I think would still feel like it's beeing stretched - because it is, it's 2" higher and the lever throw is further than what it was. So what should I do to fix this? Any ideas?

Thanks
TBob

·
Registered
121 Posts
Think I could help you out. I had the same exact problem 3 weeks ago on my truck. I posted here and was given a few options. Check them out here .

However I don't know the year of your truck and where it is rubbing. Mine was only on 2nd gear.

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mines a 03 and I good with the option of triming and getting a bigger boot but where does one get it?

Thanks,
Bob

renzo626 said:
Think I could help you out. I had the same exact problem 3 weeks ago on my truck. I posted here and was given a few options. Check them out here .

However I don't know the year of your truck and where it is rubbing. Mine was only on 2nd gear.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I have a 98 and When I put my 2 inch BL on I just took the rubber boot off and its fine now.
33x12.50 Thornbirds
AEM Short Ram Intake
Sony Xplod System

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea that's an option but I don't want the noise.

StemsCornfedTaco said:
I have a 98 and When I put my 2 inch BL on I just took the rubber boot off and its fine now.
33x12.50 Thornbirds
AEM Short Ram Intake
Sony Xplod System

·
Banned
1,521 Posts
TBob said:
So what should I do to fix this? Any ideas?
On my buddies jeep, when he first did his lift, he had to drop the tranny & xcase down so the driveshaft angles would be ok, this left him with almost the same situtation as you. We ended up bending his shifter at the base a bit. Problem solved.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I turned the bracket over and mounted both boots and the bracket from the bottom. Problem solved. Did this by using some longer bolts and some 1" spacers and I cut some heater hose for the noise. So I dropped my whole shifter boot and bracket an inch and I'm happy with it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts