TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<puts on asbestos suit, even though I searched, so Dick, keep your shit to yourself>

2004 V6 TRD Ext. Cab 4x4 with Cornfed spacers up front for 2" of lift with stock springs. Truck has a Warn trans4mer and an M8000 winch. Good bit of weight.

Want to go to a SAW and keep the current amount of lift. Would the 2" units, cranked all the way, keep me at the same lift or would I need to get the 2.5" ones and adjust accordingly? I see the variable as the springs and how they'll settle, if at all.

·
Registered
271 Posts
the 2.0 and 2.5 versions your talking about are the shock diameter. You should be fine with the 2.0s as many run them with bumpers and winches.

·
Registered
183 Posts
those numbers refer to the shock diameter, not lift height. Both should be able to give you 3" of lift. If you are not doing alot of high speed stuff, the 2.0s will serve you fine.

edit: i got beat :)

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Right, but each has a different spring. That's why I asked. Wheeler's site says they adjust from 0-2.5". I'll get the 2" diameter ones. Do they clear the brake line @ the caliper (stock brake lines) or do you have to do the hammer trick even with the 2" diameter SAWs?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I think the answer you are looking for is this: the 2.5" dia shocks can be fitted with higher rate (lbs/in) springs. So if you have a heavy front end you might consider the 2.5" dia. shocks incase you need to go with a higher spring rate. Most of the vendors have run accorss this situation before, call them.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Right, but each has a different spring. That's why I asked. Wheeler's site says they adjust from 0-2.5". I'll get the 2" diameter ones. Do they clear the brake line @ the caliper (stock brake lines) or do you have to do the hammer trick even with the 2" diameter SAWs?
just bolt em on they hold the front of my truck up real nice have em set on about 2"-2.5" inches of lift,they ride nice, better than stock IMO, and do a lot better off road no modifications just bolt em up , i found it easier to adjust them off the truck u took a little bit more time but measure from the center of your hub on each side up to the fender flare, before you remove the lift you have, the just adjust the new coils to get the hub to flare distance the same, you might want to put a lil piece of maskin tape on the flare to make sure you measure in the same spot, saws are great coilovers

·
Registered
551 Posts
I think the answer you are looking for is this: the 2.5" dia shocks can be fitted with higher rate (lbs/in) springs. So if you have a heavy front end you might consider the 2.5" dia. shocks incase you need to go with a higher spring rate. Most of the vendors have run accorss this situation before, call them.
Yes but not really. The 2.0 spring are actually 675# vs. the 2.5 which are at 650#. Unless you beat the absolute crap out of your 2.0's they are a better option for more weight. I have not heard of one member here that has had enough weight up-front to make the 2.0 or even the 2.5 sag significantly when adding extra weight upfront. They both would do fine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts