TTORA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!
I took the ball off of my 2" receiver and placed a 7/8" shackle through the hole. I used this shackle to pull my friend's yota out of the mud this past weekend. It worked perfectly but I was wondering is this ok to use as a recovery point again in the future?

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
It is meant for towing is it not?

·
Registered
229 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the clarification! My receiver looks just like yours Interex, only with a few washers!

·
Registered
407 Posts
ocdropzone said:
i have been using something like this for years with out issue...
Same here.....I've elongated many d-ring shackles and nothing's ever come loose but the vehicles I've hooked up to and yanked. Go for it!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Just make sure it's a class 3 or better hitch- if it's frame mounted it should be.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
I just wish I had something on the FRONT of my truck that was half as strong as that receiver hitch and shackle!

I've been trying to figure something out, but so far no luck.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
fast frank said:
I just wish I had something on the FRONT of my truck that was half as strong as that receiver hitch and shackle!

I've been trying to figure something out, but so far no luck.

not sure if anyone makes it for your particular truck, but there are several companies that make front reciever hitches

·
Registered
2,093 Posts

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
ocdropzone said:
the one Curt's makes is strong, but it mounts fairly low and would probably dig in pretty good...original thread: http://ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55602&highlight=front+hitch
cnadntacoma mounted one: he was gonna try some form of flip, don't know if he did it yet or not..
Yeah, that's out. It would hurt my approach angle too much.

I'm not interested in anything more than recovery points.

The '05 has a little eye under there that's really meant to tie the truck down in transport. It's not strong enough.

I have a hook under there, but it's useless.

I want something easy to use, strong, and something that fits under the existing bumpers/skid plates.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts