TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully I wont get flamed to bad for this one, but i have owned my 4runner for about 4 months and had the power steering replaced as well as all the fluids( would have been Amsoil all around but the mech. didn't have any and i just will have to wait till next time around to order my own) also had the spark plugs replaced with NGK Iridium plugs, new air filter (badly needed), lastly i have run lucas fuel treatment for the last two tanks.

Just wanted to base line a few things and didnt know what kinda of maintenance the previous owner did regularly!

Anyhoo absolutely love the vehicle but apon initial throttle the engine hesitates and then goes ( no real lack of power just hesitates) and occasionally there is a knock from what i believe is the engine.

Looking for some help here as i want this baby to run smoothly and last me forever.

Also if anyone know where i can find the Electrical Schematic for the rear locker that would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks Guys

Dan

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Fuel filter been replaced? It's cake to slap in a new one, just be sure you don't get gas injected into your tear duct.

Get the injectors serviced, it's a much more comprehensive cleaning than you'll get from additives.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
I would remove and clean your air flow meter. You could be getting a false higher airflow reading, that then adds fuel (for air that is not there), and you end up running rich. Poor fuel economy usally comes with this.

FSM/EWD is the best place to get a wiring diagram. Search and you might find one soone has posted.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok i have replaced the fuel filter and cleaned the MAF but i am still get that hesitation on initial pedal stomp not matter what speed I am at. I guess i have to spend the 70 bucks to get the injectors cleaned:( ... If that doesnt work any other suggestions??

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
I think it could be as simple as setting the ignition timing.

This section of the forum doesn't get much traffic - you'll get a lot more help in the Early Tacoma section since your drivetrain is identical to a Taco...

·
Registered
619 Posts
I had the same issue, but I had a check engine light for PO171. I replaced my front O2, cleaned the MAF (all of it, not just the obvious) replaced plugs and wires, and new air cleaner, and the thing runs better than when I bought it. How many miles do you have on it? I'd say it's injectors/fuel related. Make sure that you got that MAF super clean....

Are you getting a CEL?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had the same issue, but I had a check engine light for PO171. I replaced my front O2, cleaned the MAF (all of it, not just the obvious) replaced plugs and wires, and new air cleaner, and the thing runs better than when I bought it. How many miles do you have on it? I'd say it's injectors/fuel related. Make sure that you got that MAF super clean....

Are you getting a CEL?
Pardon my ignorance but what is CEL?

It has a brand new air filter on there and i tried to clean the MAF but I have never done it before so I bought the spray stuff and sprayed it down really well. Havent replaced the an O2 sensor due to cost yet, same for the the injector cleaning! She has 90,000 miles on her!

Do I use a rag to clean the MAF or just the spray and let it dry?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts