TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Couple pics for a few people that asked.....truck should be rolling out early next week.
Dana 44's front and rear, sitting on 44's.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Am I seeing that right? Are those shackles in the FRONT? Or is that an 8" drop hangar?

~Miguel

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Holy crap, shackles in front???:confused: I would HATE to take a sharp turn in that thing at anything over 15MPH....look at the spring attachments to the shackles up front. Can you say 'body roll"?????? And do I see BLCOKS up front also????????????

Brings a whole new meaning to 'follow me to a certain death'...lol

Thank god sig pics are a thing of the past....otherwise we would all see this thing in every post Hurly makes from now till forever...and then some.

Hurley.....please keep that thing in Texas. If you decide to take it out of state, try Colorado or Ohio.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This was a mock set up that the guys at the shop did for us....its been there for a couple months now and since we're gonna be gone for the weekend we wanted to see what the height was going to be at....and nope...no blocks up front.....

·
Registered
779 Posts
Holy crap, shackles in front???:confused: I would HATE to take a sharp turn in that thing at anything over 15MPH....look at the spring attachments to the shackles up front. Can you say 'body roll"?????? And do I see BLCOKS up front also????????????

Brings a whole new meaning to 'follow me to a certain death'...lol

Thank god sig pics are a thing of the past....otherwise we would all see this thing in every post Hurly makes from now till forever...and then some.

Hurley.....please keep that thing in Texas. If you decide to take it out of state, try Colorado or Ohio.
:rofl: I can't wait for some flex pics Hurley... I would love to see the 44's stuffed... :rolleyes: rediculous... can you say 42 point you turn and tire rub..? what a bitch

·
Premium Member
12,213 Posts
Please tell me you swapped out the 8" rear.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The setup was a mock of the height its going to sit at....we're leaving out of town for the weekend and wanted to see what it was going to sit at so the guys at the shop set that up real quick....its been sitting in there since july because my friend was deployed. those dana 44's are gonna be replaced with 60's when they're done getting rebuilt. by no means is it a DD either, this is a trail rig which will be trailered everywhere.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
THATS HOW WE DO IN TEXAS ! go big or go home right bobby? lol! Defanitly dana 60's will be sweet!

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
hmm Bobby, you know me, I am not a player hater nor a game hater, but a taco on 44" tires just seems a bit much, even for a trail bitch.

And I think if you leave the front shackles on, you are going to hate driving it, even on the trails. I have seen jeeps with front shackles like that, but they are a much shorter wheel base, you are going to get so much body roll, you will need a sway bar both front and back, and then with the sways, you are defeating the purpose of putting the shackles in the front to begin with.

the 60's will be sweet no doubt, but maybe reconsider down to at mos 42" like on Shannons.

and when did you copy me on body color? I thought you had a white rig? you did the last time I saw you!

·
Registered
682 Posts
I am genuinely curious as to how the steering is going to work out.

Good to hear that you plan to swap to 60's. Keep us updated!

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Bear,

thats his buddies rig.

and for every one that keeps saying you shouldn't use danna 44's on 44's and why would use shackles on the front. Read the whole thread!!!. He simple used them to mock it up.That think has been sitting in there for ever. I know bobby, and he knows what he's doing.

BOBBY, Honestly You should of waited until it was completed to put up pics because there going keep posting with the same shit. Thats all people do is criticize before reading or anything.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
there was nothing to read in the initial post, it is just 2 pics. he didnt give any explanation until after all the comments were made.
looko at post #6

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
BOBBY, Honestly You should of waited until it was completed to put up pics because there going keep posting with the same shit. Thats all people do is criticize before reading or anything.
that is a pretty broad sterotype there Adam, I for one try to reserve my opinions until the full story is presented. I also try to refrain from any negativity I may feel or see.

Thanks for clearing up the truck issue for me, I didn't think I ever saw where he bought a new truck or anything (like it really matters to me or otherwise)

I still don't understand mocking it up with shackles on the front. I don't think I have seen that technique done before.Putting shackles on to raise the truck only to remove them for final install…kinda got me scratching my head on that one.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
I wish I had so many excuses (44 to be exact) to do so much cutting :D
Looks badass- will look even better when you get it setting where you want and chopped appropriately.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts